Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Shades Of White At The Shore

It's that time of the week, Tablescape Thursday
hosted by Susan at Between Naps On The Porch.
Be sure to stop by Susan's and visit all the
beautiful tablescaps you will find there.
Welcome to Shades Of White At The Shore. It's raining
again, so we are back in the dining room.
My whole room is dressed in shades of white along with
a few sea shore elements. So I hope you enjoy your visit.
I have used mismatched dishes, linens and anything
white I could find when shopping my house. I was really
amazed at all the different colors of white I saw once I
had everything in place. The textures are great.
I used candles, several antique bowls and a large
container of shells for my center piece. I liked the texture of the different objects as I stacked them.
You can see cream ware stacked on ironstone.
We have a sea shell salt dishes with Mother of Pearl
salt spoons.
Translucent pearls for napkin rings, white napkins.
I have used an ironstone plate for the charger, a
A small cream ware dinner plate then added another
ironstone bread plate with a starfish plate to top it off.
The place mates are white woven and I have used
them several different times.
The plate rack is dressed in whites. I have cream ware,
fine china cups and a little silver added to it.
I have used all white linens on the quilt rack the
lace, silk, cotton all give us a different hue of white.
The sideboard is also dressed with a little milk glass ,
cream ware, ironstone with a little silver thrown in.
I hope you enjoyed your visit and will visit again soon.
Please don't forget to leave a question, comment or
suggestion.
I will see everyone again next Thursday, you see I am
escaping. A little vacation for some warmth and sunshine,
and I hope not one drop of rain. I am taking my daughter
and one of her friends to Charleston, SC for a little school
shopping, and fun in the sun. And of course lots of pictures
and a little shopping for me. Have a great weekend.

12 comments:

ellen b said...

Hi Sandy,
Your table and room are so lovely! Love all the white pieces together!!

Unknown said...

Sandy, I love the mixtures of white in the tablescape you created. So many lovely touches. Everything looks so elegant and inviting! Enjoy your college shopping trip!

Tina

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Sandy, the white on white is so calming ~ I love this look. You did a fabulous job!

Have fun on your vacation!! :)

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, I love this! The textures and variations of color are so pretty. I do love this "mis-matched (your word, not mine!) look! I shall remember this! The photographs are a delight.
Brenda

Sharlotte said...

Sandy,
This table is so pretty. I really like all your pieces and you're right, all the different textures make everything look so warm.

Your home is lovely too - I love your sideboard and sofa.

Great post!
Sharlott

Denise Marie said...

love it. It is fun to shop the house and love on your things.

Unknown said...

Your table is so pretty you did a really great job!

~Liz

Eileen said...

Love your tablescape! Love your furniture pieces! Wonderful!
All the best,
Eileen

Jane said...

Lovely! One of my favorite special restaurants sets the tables with completely mis-matched china, silver and crystal. It's been around since before my parents' wedding...they had their wedding meal here 68 years ago... I have always loved this look!

Jane (Artfully Graced)

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love the whites & creams in your tablescape. Very soothing to me.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is all so pretty! Love the shell salts with the mother of pearl spoons!

Have a great time in Charleston, love that place!!

Katherine

Joyce said...

Love the white and have fun in Charleston:)
Joyce