Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Not Apples Again!!!!

 Well I don't know what the weather is like where you
are but it's really nasty here. A very cold dreary rainy
day. In fact the news tonight said, there were snow
flurries at one of the ski resorts today. So I guess
its time to pull out the apple cider and sit down to a
nice hot meal!
But before we go any further, don't forget to pay a
visit to
"Between Naps On The Porch"
for Tablescape Thursday.
Now my inspiration for this table came from the
beverage dispenser I incorporated into my centerpiece.
This is a new one I just received as a gift, from a dear
friend. I know most of you have seen the large ceramic
one I had sitting in my kitchen this summer!

I added apples for a little drama.

My center piece started at the beverage dispenser
and I carried it down the center of the table, using
hydrangeas, adding a few more apples and pine cones.

A red candle to make the centerpiece pop!


The only pieces on this table that have been bought new
are the glasses used as desert cups,and remember
 they were on clearance at Wal Mart! Most everything else
 is from last year.
Now for the layers, starting with the desert cup to the
red charger.... Sooooo enjoy.....








Thanks for visiting,
Everyone have a great weekend.
Bye For Now,


13 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty table setting.
Weather is crazy here. last couple of nights it has been cold, but by end of week up to 87 a couple of days. Still great weather, but we sure could use some rain.

Debbie said...

I hate to tell you that we have lovely weather right now...
But in fairness, we've been struggling through a long hot summer until very recently.

Our current weather makes me feel like "apple weather" so your table is particularly lovely to me. I love your centerpiece and that great beverage dispenser. It's twice as nice with the apples in it.

I also think the layers in your place setting are lovely! Just a great job all around.

The Style Sisters said...

Great Tablescape! Love all the colors and the centerpiece!! Come link up to Centerpice Wed. on my blog today. Share your ideas with us.

Karin

susan said...

Sandy-What a perfectly beautiful table from start to finish. Did your dispenser keep the cider warm? We need rain desperately here! I don't remember the last time we had even a small shower! Feast or famine :) Enjoy your meal and beautiful table!

Barbara said...

You are welcome to send that cold weather my way! I love that kind of weather. I love all the natural elements on your table. The apples look great in the dispenser.

Chubby Chieque said...

We have the same weather here. One day sunny the other rainy & windy.
Sometimes, we have all seasons in a day.

Anyways, very pretty settings. Love the centerpiece.

Happy TS,
/chie

Tricia said...

What lovely layers! The table as a whole is also beautiful and spells fall. Snow flurries in early October? Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Love this tablescape,and really love it when you dimmed the lights.Pictures are great,thanks for sharing!
We are having cool mornings and evenings but still warming up during the day.
-Jo
-LazyonLoblolly

Marlis said...

Very pretty. The apple dishes are wonderful. I love your centerpiece.

Marigene said...

I love your apple themed table.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very pretty! The centerpiece is very grand with the apple cider container, the apples and florals!

Katherine

Alycia Nichols said...

I'll bet that table DID warm you through and through! Very pretty! Snow, though??? Yikes! We're expecting a high of 83 here in the Kansas City area today, 84 tomorrow. The nights are cool (upper 50s), but now SNOW cool!!! I am SO not ready for snow!!! Stay warm, and have a wonderful, cozy weekend!

Requi Tablescaping Escapades said...

Very pretty Autumn tablescape. The centerpiece is gorgeous.

All the Best,

Requi