Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Sweet Dreams

It's Party Time!
A big "Thank You" to
and
Diane at "A Picture Is Worth A 1,000 Words" for hosting both of these amazing events.
As you can see I am participating in two events
today. So be sure to make a stop at
Grits and Glamour to see all the beautiful
tabletops waiting for you there and there will
be more treasures to be found at
A Picture Is Worth A 1,000 Words.
Today we are going to visit my guestroom.
We always hear that we should have all the
comforts of home, to make our guest feel
welcomed and relaxed.
So lets see what my guest may find!
I have rather a large mirror just sitting on this
small dresser, this mirror belonged to my
Grandmother. I remember her using this mirror
in her bathroom to put on her makeup. The lamp
was a yard sale find last summer, I have two of
them and have moved them several times, as
my decorating mood has changed, in this long
cold winter.
This tray is also a yard sale find, I loved it, and it's the perfect size. So now lets take a look and see what's on it! We have fresh water and a drinking glass. Several new magazines tied with a little black ribbon, a nice selection of body lotions and hand creams in a old silver bowl, (patina and all). Tissues and roses (silk, it's 10 degrees outside) in another piece of silver.
Not interested in magazines, how about a
book?
Well sleep tight and I will see everyone
Thursday for, Tablescape Thursday.
Don't forget to visit everyone and leave lots
of comments.
Thanks for stopping by.
Bye for now,

26 comments:

Unknown said...

G'eve ~ What elegant treasures! I love the mirror.

Pop over for our giveaway ending Feb. 7th ...

Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~Marydon

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

So many gorgeous things. Love the variety and how you've put it all together. Hugs, Marty

Kammy said...

Hi Sandy !
What a lovely table....I think I will read a book - what are the titles ? I hope one is Little Women...LOL !
I love your mirrors and that beautiful silver - you got it all !
Kammy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Wow! Mine looks sorta sad compared to yours! :-)

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

I'd love to be a guest in your guest room! All the little luxuries you have arranged and in such a beautiful manner would make anyone feel right at home!

DD

Sandi (Meme) said...

Your guest room is so comfy looking! Have a blessed week.

Sonia said...

What a pretty side table you have created..the flowers the lamp and tray are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing! Miss Bloomers

Debbiedoos said...

Beautiful treasures!!~

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Thanks so much for commenting on my post. I love your vignette and look forward to more of your beautiful posts.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I will be right over for a visit...your room is soooo nice! Thanks for coming by and I hope you come again:)

Blessings,
Linda

Diann said...

Very sweet and inviting! Love all the special treasures.

xinex said...

Oh Sandy, your guests will definitely feel so welcomed. So many nice things put together! What a great hostess you are!..Christine

bj said...

I'd love being in a guest in your room...such nice things beside the bed. I love the idea to tie the mags up with a pretty ribbon.
hugs, bj

PAT said...

Lovely beside vignette!

Betty said...

What a nice arrangement for your guests.

Vintage Sandy said...

What lucky guests....beautiful everyting they'll need at their fingertips love that unsual water bottle did you find it that way or make it like that somehow?
Very pretty

Old Time Cindy said...

Any overnight guest at your house would truly feel pampered!
Cindy at Lakewood

Barb said...

Hi Sandy, this is so pretty and fresh. It looks lovely!!

Barb ♥

The Charm of Home said...

I really like how you displayed the treats on that tray. Very nice idea!

Vintage Sandy said...

Hi Sandy,
Thanks for stopping by my blog hope you'll visit often this may sound strange but what is Gabs Gabriel brothers by any chance?

my home sanctuary said...

Oh how lovely. Lovely things and great grouping. Thanks for sharing.
Have a Blessed Wednesday,
Sherry

Marigene said...

Beautiful roses in the silver vase, had me fooled, I thought they were real...at least they won't be wilting any time soon!

Tootsie said...

It looks great! I like that lamp a lot!

Denise Marie said...

love it all!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very nice! I've seen baskets for guests, but I like this tray, different!

Katherine

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

This is so pretty! I love it! The mirror and the sentiment behind it are wonderful! You have a great eye for detail!

Lou Cinda :)