Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Rustic

Thanks for joining me for Tabletop Tuesday.
Be sure to stop over and visit with Barb at
and all of today's participants.
Thanks Barb for hosting this event!
I really have just a short little post today, I
have cabin fever so nothing in my house is
looking good to me at the moment!
This vignette is at the end of my kitchen, in
the breakfast area. I used a huge old farm
table and and old wooden ironing board for
a rustic sideboard, to hold some of my
copper.
I like the contrast of the lamps with the hanging
crystals and fringe with the iron, copper and
old wood.
I have several pieces of old chestnut barn
board and hope to get a sideboard made
this summer.
Thanks to the size of the copper pot, I was
able to hide most of the wires to the lamps,
until you looked at the floor.
While shopping the house, I found an old fire
screen that I bought at auction several years
ago, and solved this problem.
Works well and hides the outlet. Thanks for stopping by, see everyone Thursday at Susan's for Tablescape time. God Bless!

10 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks great! Like the idea of the fire screen to hide wires and outlet.

Jeanette said...

The fire screen is a really good idea! Everything is so pretty.

Unknown said...

Love the lamps!!

Anonymous said...

I love your vignette! That copper pot is gorgeous! Love your lamps and how creative of you to use the little fireplace screen.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

vignette design said...

I like the idea of using an old ironing board as a side table. The fire screen does a good job of hiding those wires.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Having cabin fever must breed creativity - you did a great job with the vignette! Love the copper pot!

Katherine

Scribbler said...

This is a great composition -- I like it a lot!

Scribbler

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. The old ironing board as a side table is such a clever idea. I know what you mean about cabin fever and nothing looking good. lol Rosie

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh my goodness.. this is incredible. I love your lamps as well. Thank you for swinging in to say hello. Pop in any 'ole time.
hugs ~lynne~

Debbiedoos said...

Those lamps look great with the mirror!~