Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just Toast and Tea

It's Thursday and time to get our
dishes out to play.
Thanks to Susan at
for hosting this event.
My contribution this week, is quick
and simple. So lets go have some
toast and tea.
This tray was found last summer at an estate
sale.
The tea pot, you saw last summer, it was a
gift from my Mother. The sugar and creamer
don't match it, but they are close enough to
work. The saucer and cup I bought several
years at an antique store in Va.
A close up of the tea pot.
The cup with my silver antique tea strainer.
OK, it's time for me to sit back in the sun,
coming through the window and enjoy my
peace and quiet along with my toast and tea.
I hope you enjoyed your visit and I will see
everyone soon.
Bye For Now,

19 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Sandy that tea pot is to die 4 girl...and what better day to sit and keep warm...Thanks looks wonderful my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Bill said...

Hi Sandy,
Great tray! Don't you love estate sales? Your teapot is charming, and the cup and saucer and sliver tea strainer are lovely. Hope you enjoyed your toast and tea savored in the warmth of your sunny window.

You do "quick and simple" beautifully!

Regards,
Bill

vignette design said...

What a darling teapot. And love the teacup too. Enjoy your "spot of tea." --Delores

Rettabug said...

Oh my goodness....that teapot is divine! I wasn't blogging last year so its new to me. Wonderful gift to treasure! I'm so glad you showed it again. :D

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Beautiful tray Sandy! Such a cute teapot, too. I love everything and how you've combined the pieces together. Nice job!

Happy TT! xo ~m

Jeanette said...

That tea pot is just lovely. You set a lovely space.

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

What an elegant tea. The tray is a beautiful find!!

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

I love that teapot! It's so beautiful and unusual. Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

{northern cottage} said...

No way! I'm having tea & toast right NOW! This was always the tender touch from my mom when we weren't feeling well & I still do it today & now my daughter too - asks for tea & toast when she's under the weather! And yours - oh so pretty!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I love that tea pot...LOVE! Your tray is very pretty...great find!

Marigene said...

I love your toast and tea 'scape'. That has to be the most whimsical teapot I have seen in ages...I ♥ it. Thanks for putting a big smile on my face!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

So pretty and inviting. Love the teapot, it is just stunning. Your tray is assembled just beautifully. Hugs, Marty

Celly B said...

What a unique and pretty tea pot! You've created a lovely and cozy tea time!

Chubby Chieque said...

A very simple but elegant. Loving the simply look with a bit touché of a sizzy look,
Oh! That tea pot is to die for.

P.S.
Sorry for my poor tablescaping as of now. It's my first time to join Tablescaping. I will be attentive next time.
Keep on looking.

Anonymous said...

Oh, gosh, I so love your tea pot. Everything looks wonderful. And the antique tea strainer is beautiful. Rosie

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love, love, love the tea pot!!! Everything is just lovely. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

That tea pot is just adorable! My aunt had one like it except it was in darker colors. It was also featured this past year in the Country Sampler magazine (did you see it?)

Love your toast and tea tablescape!

Katherine

Janean said...

beautiful and with such sweet memories!

The Tablescaper said...

What an adorable tea pot. I've never seen anything like it. Great tray. What a lucky find.

- The Tablescaper