Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Warm and Cozy

Hop on over to
to see all of today's wonderful creations.
Lets just sit down and have a simple
warm and cozy dinner.
On a night like this what else can you do? Make a little comfort food and have dinner by the fire. I used my library table to set a table for two, covered the chairs with white chair covers, used a large white table cloth for the library table, then ran a fabric remnant I have saved for years across the table to define my place settings. The remnant has the same color pallet as the china I am using. My gold chargers, you have seen many times. A black coffee server, the amber glasses I have used before.
I used gold flatware, handmade gold wool
napkin rings, white napkins and lunch plates
rather than a large dinner plate. Have to do
better after the Holidays on the serving size!
This is a set of china I found at a garage sale,
the last one I went to last year, a place setting
for six. No special marking, but I did like
the colors used in the pattern. I just thought it
looked like a fall and winter pattern.
A view just before dark.
OK, did you see my blooper?
I forgot to move my candle sniffer.
I realized it once I had all my picture loaded.
I was not going back for a redo, had my lighting
somewhat descent for once, but we all know
it shouldn't be there.
I hope you enjoyed your visit.
Don't forget to let me know what you think.
Bye For Now,
Sandy

18 comments:

The Tablescaper said...

This looks so cozy. Where did you find the little cloches? They look adorable!

- The Tablescaper

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very Pretty! I would not have thought anything about the sniffer til you mentioned it being there.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh what a pretty and inviting table. I love all the pretty dishes, crystal and the linens. I think it is all beautifully done. Hugs, Marty

Kathleen said...

Very pretty! Perfect for a cold night like this!

Lana Kim White Austin said...

I love the homemade gold napkin rings AND I think your blooper is awesome!!!
Hugs, Lana Austin

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh your candleglow is so pretty! Those china dishes are so lovely. This IS warm and cozy.

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

So pretty Sandy...Love your gold flatware and the dishes are gorgeous...
Everything has such a warm cozy glow to it...
xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Decor To Adore said...

What a way to start the new year~it would be such a special treat to sit at your table.
That fabric remnant is gorgeous!

ellen b. said...

Sandy this is gorgeous! So romantic!

Anonymous said...

I really like the little cloches on the plates. Everything looks so pretty and thoughtfully prepared. Rosie

Deanna said...

So lovely!
I love the gold.
Have a blessed year!!!

d from homehaven

The Tablescaper said...

I cannot believe that you MADE those little cloches. I had to come back for a second look. You should do a post on how you made them. They are adorable!

- The Tablescaper

Sarah said...

Nothing wrong with the candle sniffer being there. You'll need it at dinner's end. This is a warm and cozy setting. Love a table set by the fire. Thanks for sharing. ~ Sarah

Dining Delight said...

Very cozy looking! Would love to be sitting there enjoying dinner - especially that goodie under the cloches. That is a wonderful way to present dessert! The candle snuffer adds to the scene if you ask me!

DD

Unknown said...

What a romantic cozy table! Lovely!

~Liz

Caroline said...

Sandy, the candle sniffer looks perfect. I would never have known you didn't mean to leave it there. Sometimes those make the best pics! Thanks for stopping by I truly appreciate it.

nannykim said...

Hey, I love the touch of the candle snuffer!! AND I love small intimate settings--this is great and nice and romantic and cozy!! LOVE IT!!!

(nannykim from spindlecottage)

Melissa Miller said...

Sandy this is gorgeous! It's so elegant and lovely. Fabulous job on making it so cozy.

Sty warm & happy Sunday! ~Melissa :)