Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, January 4, 2010

2nd Time Around Tuesday

This is the first time I have participated
in 2nd Time Around Tuesday hosted by
Be sure to hop over and check out all the goodies,
you are sure to find there.
"Thanks" Diane for hosting this party.
This was my little bounty from the last yard
sale I went to in the fall.
These two lamps, which for the moment I am
using in my family room.
A place setting for eight of these blue metal
dishes. The lady selling these told me she had
bought them for her son to take to collage.
They looked as though they had never been
used. I thought they might make a cute
tablescape. Originally when I asked the price
she told me $3.00 for this set and .10 for
each of the other dishes she had.
My kind of sale!!!
Four milk glass plates, four small white dinner
plates and this china for a grand total of
$15.00. Better to buy in bulk, especially since
I won't see another yard sale for several months.
No special markings on the china, I just thought
the pattern was pretty. I used it in my tablescape
this week. The milk glass I gave to my Daughter
since she collects it.
Well I hope I didn't bore you tooo much with my
last bounty of 2009. I'm looking forward to
spring and finding more treasures.
Thanks for letting me join in, I can't wait to see all the other goodies waiting
out in blog land.
Please don't forget to let me know what you
think.
Bye For Now,
Sandy

12 comments:

Charity said...

Don't you just love a great deal. Thanks for sharing.

Lady Katherine said...

Love the lamps!!! Now I always love dishes! Great finds!

Bab's Kitchen said...

What a deal! Coper is adorable!

Diann said...

Nice finds!

Southern Lady said...

Sandy, welcome to 2nd Time Around! I love all your treasures, but the iron lamps are my favorite! They are perfect with any style decor.

Dixie said...

Love those lamps... very French! Great bargain on the dishes... those blue ones will make great picnic dishes won't they!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Gotta love yard sales! Great finds and great prices. Love the lamps and the dishes are great!

Melissa Miller said...

~WOW! Everything is so pretty Sandy! I adore the lamps.

Many blessings to you in 2010!
~Melissa :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You did get a great deal.

Denise Marie said...

love boring china stories...they are my fav. lol

Remodelaholic said...

I just stopped over from your comment! It is fun to see those finds. I finally made it to my local antique mall last weekend and I will be back very soon!

And I too, can't wait for another garage sale.

p.s. I just became a follower, I would be so happy if you chose to follow mine! Thanks!

Kammy said...

I love those lamps you found !
Those dishes were a steal !
Kammy