Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Random Changes

Yes, I know you are tired of seeing this view, but I
just couldn't help myself.
So join me at "A Stroll Thru Life" for Tabletop Tuesday.
Thanks Marty for hosting!
My changes came for two reasons, two thrifty finds I just
had to show you. One is the blue and white tea light and
the other is my new made to look old radio! Both were
yard sale finds, and the best part was the bargain price
 $2.00 for the radio and $1.00 for the tea light.
 The radio did need a new plug, but that was an easy fix.
 Now I must tell you, I have never really been a person to
 use allot of blue in my house, so when I moved here
I was really at a loss as to what to do with the kitchen.
 With the ceramic floor tile being blue and gray tones
 I had to work with it, so after five years,
it's growing on me, and I have started to collect a
 little blue to go into the room.
Same lamps as before, the plates were changed from
 white to blue, more yard sale finds, these are just little
 metal plates a service for eight for $3.00, not bad!




I also changed my little plate rack over my sink.
Used the little tin cups that go with the dishes.
I'm really glad I started to do a few of these changes,
it will really help when I start my Christmas decorating
after Thanksgiving, since I decorate this room in blues.


But for now, fall is still in the air!
Thanks for visiting.
Bye For Now,









11 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Fantastic treasures and what super prices. Love your vignette with your radio and tea light, both are fabulous and the plates on the wall are wonderful. Beautiful vignette. Your little shelf is just perfect. I also really like your tiered stand. I have one and I can never figure out what to do with it. Great job. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice finds and great prices.
I have very little blue and it is all in the kitchen/dining area.
Have a great week.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Want to add - Thanks for stopping by and very nice comment. Believe me - I have made more than my share of "messes" . :D

Brenda Pruitt said...

This is beautiful! You know I'm a fan of blue. If we didn't show our same spots, we'd have to buy more houses!
Brenda

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

You made some wonderful purchases. The tea light is so pretty.

You got some bargains for sure. Love the radio.....Linda

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Sandy I love that radio...and of course you know I'm a blue/white gal in my kitchen...But you know what it's the only room in my house that I have blue in...
Love that plate rack by your sink how fun that would be to decorate for each season...What a fun post my friend...Thanks for sharing your beautiful home...Hope you have a GREAT week girl...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sandy...

What a gorgeous vignette, my friend! I'm sooo glad that you shared it with us! Ohhh my goodness...I just adore your pretty blue and white retriculated tea light...it's gorgeous! And what a great deal that you got on it...not to mention that beautiful old radio as well! I love the old radio...such sweet ambiance! I love your pretty plate rack...beautiful dishes and cups!!! Thank you for sharing all of your pretties with us today!!!

Warmest autumn wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Looks like we are on the same blue thing. I love the shadows that light puts off. Love the vintage radio.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Sandy, you got a big bang for the buck! That tea light is so pretty on lit up. I couldn't even tell that was what it was until you lit it, and that radio is so pretty. It does look vintage. Loving the blue plates on the wall and the cups on the cup holders (of course, I love the color blue). Everything looks so pretty. laurie

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

What great deals! I LOVE that tea light...so unusual! I hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Hey Sandy so glad you stopped by. I love your blog, your roosters, and that you are an animal person. Sorry for your loss, they are just like family members. My pom/spitz mix in the photo is 18 so I know it will not be much longer. On a lighter note next time you come over, go to Sophie Parsons label and see it, I think you will like it if you have rescues. I am your latest follower. Teresa