Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Around The House

Come with me as I make a few changes for the
Holidays! I took last weekend off to do some
Christmas shopping for the Grand kids. A shopping
trip to Charleston, SC and now I'm ready to roll!
I have a week and a half to get the rest of the house
ready for our Thanksgiving/Christmas gathering.
So here are a few more changes.
Hope you enjoy!
My foyer chandelier, dressed in white!



Back to the kitchen, the mirror over the mantel
is ready.

Lights are ready for the big day!


Lets take a look at the dining room chandelier!
I always use a fruit theme in my dining room.
I guess you caught a glimpse of the Christmas
tree going up in the dining room. I'm almost
finished with that one!




Thanks for visiting.
I'm joining Marty at
for Table Top Tuesday.
Bye For Now,

19 comments:

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Everything looks so festive and fun!!!

The Charm of Home said...

This is beautiful! Love the mantle and the chandy's. Very festive indeed. Have a great holiday season.
Sherry

Anonymous said...

These images are beautiful. I love all you've done. I had better get busy!:-)

Lynn said...

Everything looks so great! I am chomping at the bit to bring out the decorations, thanks for the inspiration:@)

Unknown said...

WOW! Awesome decor ... that would put anyone in a festive mode.

Don't forget our giveaway
Have a lovely week ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You have done a lot - very pretty!
Nothing done here yet, but I have thought about it - does that count? :D
Enjoy your evening.

nannykim said...

so what did you use around the mirror--I can't tell, but it is pretty!

Unknown said...

WOW!! Beautiful job!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Oh, my! You are already decorated for Christmas?? You are so smart -- and creative!! Everything looks gorgeous!

Katherine

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Sandy, this is beautiful! Your foyer chandelier looks like it is wearing a beautiful holiday ball gown! If you have time, I'd love to see a tutorial on how you put your lighting decorations together. It looks like layering is involved here. : )

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my goodness, I never think about decorating the chandeliers. These are just stunning. Love the garlands also. So beautiful. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

Susan said...

I LOVE the chandelier dressed in white!! I would love to know how you did it and what components you used because I want to decorate mine for a very nice bridal shower I'm giving for my niece in January. I am going with an all white theme. I hope you don't mind.
ALL of your decorations are beautiful and I just love how you dress your chandeliers.
Thanks,
Susan

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Everything is so beautiful. Can't wait til it is all done and we can see the whole picture. I should be up doing what you are doing, and not playing on this computer. But, where would I get such great ideas if I weren't in here looking? :) Teresa

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Everything is so beautiful.
CAS

Deb said...

Are you really that far ahead of the rest of us? WoW! I think your decor is gorgeous and I love what you did with your chandelier. Gives me a great idea. I just stumbled across your blog and I'm hooked. Have a great day, Deb=^..^=x5 Ottawa, Canada

Janine Claire Robinson said...

How beautiful Sandy. I love your ideas.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Wow all your light fixtures look absolutely gorgeous! I need you to come to my house and do something fabulous to my dining room chandy!

Manuela

Melissa Miller said...

Sandy it is all so gorgeous! :)

Unknown said...

Looks great Thanks for sharing