Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Welcome to another Tablescape Thursday hosted by the
gracious Susan at Between Naps On The Porch. Please
be sure to stop by Susan's to see all the beautiful tablescapes.
Since our rain has subsided we will be dinning on the deck tonight.
So please join me for my version of Dinner in Tuscany
A little knowledge is good!!!
So glad you could join me, I am using a very simple table setting.
A very pale gold tablecloth with dark gold fabric crossing over
to define my place settings. We will be using tea towels for napkins
with the same dark gold in the pattern. My serving bowls are
the same dark golds and earth tones that are in my plates.
Would you like to sit on the bench or maybe pick your style
of chair, nothing matches tonight.
Grapevine hanging from above.
Our centerpiece , jars of pasta placed between two large
candle holders. I used dark gold candles tonight for lighting.
We have a little biscotti, a pepper grinder for fresh pepper
and a little olive oil for those who would like some.
Time for dinner to be served!!!
I have used very plain earth colored dinner plates
with dark rich colored gold salad plates. The
silverware is gold, a gift, several years ago from
my husbands parents.
Two different wine glasses, one smaller plan one and a
larger one with grapes etched into them. Shall we go to
the wine rack for our wine.
Not a great selection, but will have to do.
Shall we eat? One of my favorite things, the pepper grinder
that looks like a wine bottle.
I hope you have enjoyed our little dinner and will visit
again soon. Maybe someday soon we will go to France for
dinner (on my deck of course). Please leave a comment,
and don't forget to visit all the other beautiful
tablescapes. Everyone have a great weekend and
I will see you Monday!!!

15 comments:

Kammy said...

Very nice - love Italy !
Hugs ~ kAMMY

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sandy, what a great tablescape. I love all of your "tuscany" things. YOur wine rack is gorgeous, what a lovely piece. Love the candles and the way you've set the table with the linens. So pretty and such fun. Hugs, Marty

Mary said...

Love all that gold -- so beautiful!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just lovely my friend...loved going to Italy for dinner...and girl you need to do a close up of that wine bottle pepper grinder I would love to see it up close and personal...thanks for sharing...May you have a great week...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

A sweet little blog I've just found!!! Never visited before, I'm going to "Follow"... enjoyed my Italian tablescape visit!!!can't wait to go to France for dinner!!!xoxo~Kathy@ Sweet Up-North Mornings... Please stop in and experience the "Mary Poppins" tablescape!!!

The Tablescaper said...

A little bit of Italy - just lovely - The Tablescaper

Bab's Kitchen said...

Very Nice! One day I will visit Italy!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Great table!! I love how you used the fabric over the TC to define the settings, just beautiful!Happy TT!

Printersdevil said...

Very nice!

Unknown said...

Beautiful tuscan table! All the lovely touches makes you feel as though you are dining in the heart of a vineyard.

Thanks for sharing

Tina

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love that wine rack! Is it shaped like a violin or something? I couldn't see the bottom to make sure. This is a lovely Tuscany dinner and so romantic!
Brenda

Barb said...

Sandy, this is lovely. I just adore your colors!

Barb

bj said...

Oh, this is very nice, indeed. Now you have inspired me to do an Italian tablescape...I LOVE your ideas of using the pasta in jars..so cute. Such a fun table!!
xo bj

niartist said...

Sandy I love your version of dinner in Tuscany! It's gorgeous - and all the touches are there. Love the napkin like that ... have to store that in my inspiration file. :)

Mary said...

Very nice!