Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Welcome to another Tablescape Thursday hosted by the
gracious Susan at Between Naps On The Porch. Please
be sure to stop by Susan's to see all the beautiful tablescapes.
Since our rain has subsided we will be dinning on the deck tonight.
So please join me for my version of Dinner in Tuscany
A little knowledge is good!!!
So glad you could join me, I am using a very simple table setting.
A very pale gold tablecloth with dark gold fabric crossing over
to define my place settings. We will be using tea towels for napkins
with the same dark gold in the pattern. My serving bowls are
the same dark golds and earth tones that are in my plates.
Would you like to sit on the bench or maybe pick your style
of chair, nothing matches tonight.
Grapevine hanging from above.
Our centerpiece , jars of pasta placed between two large
candle holders. I used dark gold candles tonight for lighting.
We have a little biscotti, a pepper grinder for fresh pepper
and a little olive oil for those who would like some.
Time for dinner to be served!!!
I have used very plain earth colored dinner plates
with dark rich colored gold salad plates. The
silverware is gold, a gift, several years ago from
my husbands parents.
Two different wine glasses, one smaller plan one and a
larger one with grapes etched into them. Shall we go to
the wine rack for our wine.
Not a great selection, but will have to do.
Shall we eat? One of my favorite things, the pepper grinder
that looks like a wine bottle.
I hope you have enjoyed our little dinner and will visit
again soon. Maybe someday soon we will go to France for
dinner (on my deck of course). Please leave a comment,
and don't forget to visit all the other beautiful
tablescapes. Everyone have a great weekend and
I will see you Monday!!!
Post a Comment