Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tablescape Thursday

Welcome to another Tablescape Thursday
hosted by Susan at Between Naps On The Porch.
Thank you Susan for hosting this party.
My tablescape this week was to be outside but
since we have had three weeks of continuous
rain I had to bring the outdoors in...
Once again we are in the dining room going blue
for our pretend blue sky..
A little Welcome for my friends....
My tablescape is very whimsical today, I have used
two different color napkins with ivy from the garden as
napkin rings. No place mats or chargers, I used
cheesecloth to define the place settings.
White handles on the silverware.
No candles today, just a couple of antique lamps.
More cuttings from the garden.
A beautiful magnolia.
Still waiting on the Butler!!!
But we have a bell today!!
These are dishes that my DH bought me after we
moved into our first house. They are about
seventeen years old.
I have used blue translucent salad plates.
A water and wine glass.
A very whimsical wine glass, look at the stem!!! Says 2001..
I hope you enjoyed your visit and will come back very
soon. Please don't forget to leave a comment.

18 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Yeah, I can still leave a comment. YOur table is just stunning. I love the blue and white. What a great idea to use the cheesecloth as table runners. It looks great. I also really like the look of the lamps instead of candles. Your dishes and all the other accessories are so pretty. Beautifully done. Hope to see you at the "Cloche Party". Hugs, Marty

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Oh, oh I love that crumb scraper. I think every home should have at least one crumb scraper, don't you?
:-)

This is very pretty, and I love all the personal touches like the cuttings from your garden. Pretty, pretty dishes - and the cheese cloth is genius!

I realized I have never formally welcomed you to Blogland. You are settling in nicely. I will bring over a welcome casserole soon. :-D

Hugs, Barb

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I did enjoy my visit - this is a very pretty tablescape. I do also like that crumb scraper. Prettyness all around.

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Beautiful dishes. Love the way you used the magnolia!

Christi

Kathleen Ellis said...

Very lovely Sandy! I love the ivy napkins rings...I'm going to have to give that a whirl! and you little antique lamps instead of candles...very nice!
Happy TT!
;-D

Anonymous said...

Your table is so pretty! Love the soft blueness! I like the table runner!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :0

abeachcottage said...

love the ivy napkin rings, i hadn't thought of that

happy tablescaping

Sarah

Bab's Kitchen said...

I love your dishes. I also enjoyed the visit. How cute the ducks.

Mary said...

What lovely soft colors! LOVE your antique lamps, and the crumb scraper. And wouldn't we all love a butler! LOL

Barb said...

Hi Sandy, your table is gorgeous. I love, love the glass plates and the little lamps. Sooooo pretty!

Barb

ellen b said...

Hi Sandy,
Your table is dreamy. I love the two different colors of the napkins. So many great ideas we see each week! Love the garden clippings :0)

Mary said...

I love your table, very elegant! Love the blue and all of the other touches, it looks great! :O) Mary @Boogieboard Cottage

niartist said...

Oh I love the antique lamps on the table instead of candles. That is clever, and beautitful - as is the rest of it. Great work!

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE those vintage lamps!

Melissa Miller said...

Very pretty and I love all the colors! ;)

movingonlady said...

The crumb scraper is great.
Ilove the glasses, and the lamps are very pretty.

Natalie Meester said...

I love the lamps. Blue and white is always a favorite of mine!

Cynthia said...

Lovely table. Thanks for sharing!