Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tablescape Thursday

Welcome to another Tablescape Thursday
hosted by Susan at Between Naps On The Porch.
Thank you Susan for hosting this party.
My tablescape this week was to be outside but
since we have had three weeks of continuous
rain I had to bring the outdoors in...
Once again we are in the dining room going blue
for our pretend blue sky..
A little Welcome for my friends....
My tablescape is very whimsical today, I have used
two different color napkins with ivy from the garden as
napkin rings. No place mats or chargers, I used
cheesecloth to define the place settings.
White handles on the silverware.
No candles today, just a couple of antique lamps.
More cuttings from the garden.
A beautiful magnolia.
Still waiting on the Butler!!!
But we have a bell today!!
These are dishes that my DH bought me after we
moved into our first house. They are about
seventeen years old.
I have used blue translucent salad plates.
A water and wine glass.
A very whimsical wine glass, look at the stem!!! Says 2001..
I hope you enjoyed your visit and will come back very
soon. Please don't forget to leave a comment.
Post a Comment