Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tray Transformation

Welcome to another Metamorphosis Monday, hosted by
Be sure to stop by Susan's and visit with
all the talented participants you are surely to
find there.
While walking around Hobby Lobby the other day, I saw a display with a beautiful mirrored tray used. The price of the tray alone was $34.99. The wheels started to turn, I think I have everything at home to make something similar. A friend of mine cleaned out her storage shed not to long ago and gave me an old vanity mirror. Part of the little ledge that went around the parameter of the mirror was broken, but she thought I might be able to do something with it. Here it is after I took it apart, it's very hard to take a picture of glass. Sorry for the bad picture! So I found some old knobs... Painted them black, the tray in Hobby Lobby had handles on the side. With feet it will be easy to pick up. I also had a few rub on transfers from another project, I added for a little glam!! And here is the final product. My little rags to riches mirror! My cost zero dollars, and a great way to spend less than an hour!!
Thanks for stopping by, please don't forget to
leave a comment, suggestion or question.
Bye For Now,
Sandy

26 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Now that is so cute and so clever. I just love it. I need to look for a mirror and some knobs. Gorgeous and so useful. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love it - thanks for sharing. I need to put my table mirror on feet, and you have given me a good idea. Thanks!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

That was so clever to use the knobs for feet. It came out very pretty.
Susan

Its So Very Cheri said...

Now that is one clever project.
Great job.

I am your new follower and look forward to getting to know you.

cheri

Lori E said...

Good reuse. My house is so dusty all the time I would be cleaning it all the time. Ha.
Your friend must know you very well.

Sarah said...

Clever idea. Thank you for sharing. I'll file this idea away. Just may need to make one of these.

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Lovely! You were so smart to use those knobs as the feet. I was actually working on a similar project today, mine does not have those darling feet though.

Anonymous said...

Well, aren't you just the smartest one? I love this and it turned out wonderfully.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Vail said...

What a neat idea. Love it!

vail

susan said...

$34.99???!!! Whoa--You did a really great job. The knobs were a great idea!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Very clever ~ Looks great!

Diann said...

Hi!

I never would have thought about the legs. I have several old mirrors just tucked away. now I have an idea of what to do with at least one of them! LOL

Marianne said...

I love mirrors used as trays. Especially with candles on it. Yours looks very nice, good job!

AL @ Budget Elegance said...

Sandy, just love what you've done with the tray!! You are sooo creative. It makes everything sparkle all the more. Great job!! Thanks for sharing.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sandy...

Ohhh my...what a beautiful mirrored tray! Girl, I can't believe that you made that...it's gorgeous! I love how your pretty vignette looks on it! Thank you for sharing your creativity and talents with us, my friend!

Just wanted to thank you for coming by and taking a peek at my finished faux fireplace project and for leaving such a sweet note! Sure appreciate that!!!

Have a marvelous Monday!
Chari @Happy To Design

PS...Love your new header photo, Sandy...it's gorgeous!!!

Janean said...

you made it look easy...great deal to boot! yay!

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

Great idea!! ****Where do you get the rub on stuff?

cool idea about the knobs too!

Dena Pickle said...

Love it! Can't beat the price.

Dena
sweetpicklesandchocolate

Allison Shops said...

The knobs are a clever idea! Looks very nice.

Thanks for your sweet comment.

Andi's English Attic said...

I have a small collection of pretty perfume bottles that would look wonderful on a tray like this. Thanks for the idea. xx

Unknown said...

What a beautiful result! Your tray vignette is lovely!

Thanks for sharing!

Tina

Bab's Kitchen said...

Very clever and colorful. I enjoyed the visit.

Jeanette said...

What a cute idea. The whole grouping is just so attractive.

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

Don't you love it when things come together for free! Nice job.

Livin' on the Fringe said...

Very nice! I love seeing things reused.

Room to Inspire said...

Looks great - I really enjoy a mirror as a tray. The reflective element is great, especially with a few candles. Great job.

Chelsea