Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Decorating Has Started

I'm linking up to two great parties today,
Metamorphosis Monday at
and
So be sure to stop by both of these wonderful
sites for great inspiration.
I would like to say
"Thank You" to both of our
host for putting these events
together.
Well after taking a little break, I'm back and
going strong. The Christmas decorating has
started!
Remember seeing my front door dressed for
fall?
Now dressed for the Holidays!
I used two different types of pine and laurel
for the greenery, clear lights, silver ribbon
and ornaments.
Everything outside is decorated with only
clear lights, silvers and whites, using the
greenery as the backdrop.
The wreath is just grapevine with a huge
silver bow on it made from material I
found at Wal Mart several years ago.
At the end of the garland, I have a bed of
pine with a huge silver bow and packages
wrapped in silver wrapping paper and
and silver ribbon.
Large ornaments I found at the end of
Christmas last year at the Dollar Store for .50.
I painted them silver before putting them
away last year, so they were ready to go!
Silver ribbon also found on sale last year. The window boxes were also filled with pine and laurel, then boxes wrapped in silver placed inside each one. Once again I used silver ribbon. Sorry for the bad pictures, it was very hard to take them, it was either to bright or to dark. Arrangements in the lower windows. I used the fake spray on snow for a little drama. We have been really lucky this year only one day of snow just blowing around in the air, for the last two weeks we have had temps in the 50's and 60's. Great for Christmas decorating! Now remember my pond this fall??? All ready for Halloween.
Now ready to entertain at Christmas.
A sleigh full of presents.
All wrapped in pretty shiny paper.
Don't forget the silver bells.
More window decorations.
Thank you so much for stopping and visiting.
I hope you enjoyed yourself and will come back
again soon.
Please don't forget to let know what you think.
I love hearing from everyone.
Bye For Now,
Sandy

18 comments:

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

Hi!! You are way ahead of me. I just have to get into Christmas decorating---perhaps if I visit enough blogs I will get inspired. I love those deer by your pond thingy! It was close to 70 here today---I enjoyed it very much...but it does not inspire the decorating fevor. I did go to our Christmas concert tonight and it was really special---so perhaps after recouping from jetlag I will get a move on!! Nice decorations on your outside!!

Shanty 2 Chic said...

I do love the silver!! You did good girl!! And... thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment:)
~Whitney

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Very elegant... love it!

:)
ButterYum

Laura said...

Oh my gosh- everything looks wonderful. Your pond made me want one!

I am so glad you stopped by my blog-
And I am glad to have found yours.

Isn't all of this fun?

Laura

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Everything looks so festive and pretty! Like the all silver.

Janine Claire Robinson said...

That looks so lovely. I am inspired by your creativity. I especially love the pond.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Well isn't your blog looking pretty and festive! I never thought to decorate around my garden pond. What a wonderful idea! You're way ahead of me on the decorating for the holiday scale! I've got to get moving!
Brenda

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I love all the packages in the sleigh. We have two lighted deer.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I enjoyed seeing your Christmas decorations, very beautiful! I haven't started yet, too much going on with company here! I hope to start soon!

Your blog looks pretty!

Katherine

Anonymous said...

Sandy you are going gang busters on the decorating!! I just have a house that is full of messies trying to get Thanksgiving down and Christmas up! I wish I could do it room by room but always seem to be scattered in every room of the house!!

Love the window box decorations! I am trying to convince DH we need window boxes!

blessings
mary

Kristens Creations said...

Your front porch and deer look beautiful!!The only thing decorated at my house is the tree, I've been so busy! Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. Kristen

Nancy Wyatt said...

Sandy, what a lovely job you did on your decorating! I especially love the lighted deer near the pond. Thanks for stopping in to see my christmas tree at lovestocreate.com I too love the topper, my tree is pretty full but I just love it that way. LOL Hugs from Conroe, TX!

susan said...

Sandy-I adore all your "faux" presents in silver! You are brave to use real greenery. I'm always afraid mine will die. Thanks for joining in--sorry about Mr. Linky!

Vicci @theplaidbasket said...

It all looks so nice! REally like the silver bowed wreath and the dear grazing at the pond.

Lori E said...

You sound really organized. Good idea to paint them after Christmas when there is more time than to rush one more job to get ready.
I have done a family tree for someone from Wanless, West Virginia. Big surprise...his last name is Wanless.

Roeshel said...

Everything looks so festive and pretty! I love it! I still have old dead things in my flower boxes. I need to get busy! :)

Thanks for your help too! ;)

Have a great week!
Roeshel

Anonymous said...

my hometown is Bridgeport WV

Pamela
Mt Pleasant Michigan

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Looks wonderful...Love your windows and especially the pond!