Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Bit Unusual

Time to get out the dishes and start playing.
Head over to Susan's at
to see all the beautiful tablescapes waiting
there.
My tablescape this week is A Bit Unusual.
No girlie stuff here this week.
It's a manly kind of table.
My inspiration for this table came from this
salad plate. I found these last Fall, on
clearance.
My place setting, the flatware is tucked in the napkin, napkin ring is a mans watch. Three belonged to DH and the forth to my Father. Dinner will consist of a salad and chili. A simple centerpiece.
This card box was a gift from my dear
friend that I spoke of last week. It belonged
to her husband and had been given to him
as a gift, after a friend passed away. The note from the insurance company,
notifying him, he would receive the box.
My elegant candle holders, courtesy
of DH, a friend gave these to him.
I hope you enjoyed your visit.
As you can tell by the placement of the
cards, I know nothing about playing cards
other than old maid and go fish. But that's
why Thursday's are so much fun, we get to
pretend. Thanks again Susan!
Everyone have a safe and blessed weekend.
Bye For Now,

18 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Fun table. Looks like a great night for the guys to get together and have some fun playing cards. Love the idea of the watches as napkin rings. Very clever. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love it! What a fun table setting.

Kammy said...

What a neat box and letter - I do bet you cherish that...
Love your "man" table - looks like you have everything but the food to make a man happy :o)
Kammy

Deanna said...

Fun Table for a great time!
The color red is so vibrant and I like this.
Hope you'll come by for a visit,
d from homehaven

Debbiedoos said...

This is really neat! All the table scapes are so unique and different! Thanks for the inspiration!!~

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a great tablescape for the card playing men in your life! Now this looks like fun!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Very fun table. I love all the details. The glasses are so festive and distinctive.
Yvonne

Diann said...

I enjoyed the manly fun table! It's fun to play with these types of tablescapes isn't it?

have a wonderful day!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

How fun, Sandy! I love this! Different is good!

ellen b. said...

What a fun manly table!!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Fun fun table girl...where do you come up with all of these great tables...Thanks for sharing...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

How fun to see a "manly" tablescape! You pulled it off wonderfully! Love the watches as napkin rings and the beer candle centerpiece!
DD

Cynthia said...

What a fun table. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

Low Tide High Style said...

What a great idea for a tablescape! I love the watch napkin rings and whimsical glasses and of course your friend's lovely box!

Kat :)

Marigene said...

What a fun, fun table. Who would have thought to use watches as napkin rings? I learn something new here every week! Thank you for sharing.

Nanna said...

great game night table setting, very creative

Helen

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is really neat! Great ideas, especially the watch napkin rings!

You would make a good partner with me at playing cards, those are the only ones I've played too! LOL!

I'm having a Blogaversary Giveaway, come see!

Katherine

Tammy@InStitches said...

What an original and fun table !