Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Pink Flamingo and Summertime

Welcome to another Tablescape Thursday hosted by
Susan at Between Naps On The Porch. Thank you Susan
for hosting this event and everyone please stop by and
visit Susan and all the other participants for some
fabulous tablescapes.
My post is just a little whimsical. My daughter found the
pink flamingo glasses at Hobby Lobby and wanted me to
get them. So that is how this tablescape came to be. So here
we go on our pretend vacation to the fun and sun.
We have a little chandi, just in case it gets dark.
White woven place mats. White cream ware for chargers
and pink flowered salad plates. I used my same DG
silverware with the white handles. Pink napkins and
candles. The center piece is a few whimsical pieces I have
collected.
And here is the star of the day, we will call him
Mr. Flamingo.
I used pink flowers for napkin rings.
Pink flower petals on the table with light and dark pink
polka dot place cards.
Bread with your salad?
I hope you enjoyed your little visit, and will come back
soon. Please leave a comment or suggestion, I do read
each and everyone, but I have been having some major
computer problems, I have tried to leave several
comments on other blogs, and have not been able to do
so. So just be patient with me, I'm getting there slowly
but surely.

10 comments:

Donna said...

Very cute, whimsical glasses. What a fun table. :)
D

Unknown said...

The netting makes the table so romantic. It looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

How cute and so creative! Love the canopy over the table, gives it such a fairytale appeal. Gotta love a pink flamingo!

Thanks for sharing your lovely and whimsical table!

Tina

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is just darling! Whimsical, but romantic as well!

Katherine

susan said...

Your daughter was right about the flamingo glasses and I love the canopy! Very cute!

Barb said...

Hi Sandy, what a fresh and pretty table!! It is just so very inviting...lovely.

Barb

Kristi said...

The glasses are fun! What a great staycation idea!

Fifi Flowers said...

What a FUN table!!!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, I'm sure your daughter was delighted with this finished product! It's so pretty and feminine. Looks ready for a tea party. I love that netting. Gives it such ambiance!
Brenda

Unknown said...

Love your daughter's suggestion! This is a tropical vacation and so cute and fun. Thanks for a mini vacation in a tablescape with those darling flamingo glasses.