Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Berry Crisp

This is my first time participating in Foodie Friday
and I would like to say Thank you to Designs By
Gollum for hosting this party.
This is a super easy desert, just my kind of cooking.
My DH found it in one of his magazines. So here we go..
DH picked these berries on his way home from work
Most of them are blackberries with a few raspberries
thrown in for good measure.
After 35 minutes in the oven. Recipe to follow. Super easy less than an hour prep and baking time. I hope you can read this, because I'm just to lazy today to type it. Just let me know and I will get it to you. Enjoy, because take it from me, a desert expert, it is good!! And the half cup of granulated sugar is enough. I will see everyone on Monday, have a great weekend. Don't forget to leave a comment and let me know what you think.

7 comments:

Jane said...

That berry crisp looks wonderful! Fresh picked berries...it doesn't get any better that this!!!
The recipe was difficult to read...one day, please write it for us.
Jane (Artfully Graced)

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

This looks delicious!

I have a berry crisp recipe and have been planning to make it for awhile. I think you've inspired me. I have wild blackberries in the freezer from last summer.

Unknown said...

When it's berry season, I alway make a berry crisp. I will need to try your recipe. THANKS!!! Geri

Lori E said...

Honestly my mouth watered right under my tongue when I saw those berries. Talk about Pavlov's dog.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I'm so glad you've joined us. The crisp and the berries you used to make it look delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipes with us.

Unknown said...

This looks soooooo good. Thanks.Beginning August 5, I will be hosting Crock Pot Wednesdays at Diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com, and I hope you will join me. THERE WILL BE PRIZES:)!!!

The Fajdich Times said...

Easy recipe and it looks wonderful. Nothing better than fresh berries:)