Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Let It Snow

It's Thursday and that means tablescape
time at Susan's. Be sure to stop by
where you are sure to finds lots of great
Christmas tablescapes.
Now onto "Let It Snow".
I really couldn't decide what to do this week,
soooo this is what transpired!
As usual I didn't use the traditional center piece
with fresh beautiful flowers. So lets take a look
at the elements I used....
This is for you Marty!
My large cloche with a white
velvet ribbon tied around the top and a
small string of white beads wrapped around.
The table is dressed in silver, white and
crystal.
No candle, I used clear Christmas tree lights
under white sheer fabric .
There are gifts for my guest tucked into
the cloche.
A little Holiday decoration with more gifts
tucked inside, all wrapped in silver. A silver serving dish.
Silver salt and pepper shakers with a
antique silver carving set.
A peak at the gifts in the cloche.
A different twist for place cards.
I made these little white cones using white
card stock then covering them in lace, with
a lace hanger.
My daughter uses them on her pink
Christmas tree in her room.
Our place setting.
A martini glass for our custard.
Crystal for our salad, bread and main course.
A smaller white plate for appetizer if needed.
Two wine glasses, one silver and one is
crystal.
A silver charger
I have had this set of dishes for more than
twenty years.
Individual silver dressing servers, antique
salt dish with mother of pearl spoon.
Mismatched silver I have collected over the
years.
I used a solid white table cloth under my
white lace Christmas cloth.
A silver napkin ring with a white napkin.
A night view.
I hope you enjoyed your visit.
I will see everyone at Marty's
for the cloche party Friday.
Bye For Now,
Sandy

22 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Wow! Everything is so pretty! I especially like the carving set - beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

From the Old InkWell said...

Beautiful. Love the lights!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Stunning and very romantic!
Susan

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is just delightful! I love all the neat details you have! Isn't it fun to see how these come together!
I especially like how you use unusual centerpieces!

Katherine

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! Your table is just beautiful! Love that you used the Christmas lights under the cloche!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Kathleen said...

Hi Sandy,
It looks so pretty..love the lights..
Glad you came over..always enjoy your visits!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh my! I did enjoy my visit! This is all so pretty -- it just looks like a winter wonderland!

Diann said...

Beautiful tablescape! Everything is so pretty and glimmery.

Joyce said...

Very pretty and I like the serving dish and wonder what you are serving in it?
Joyce

ellen b said...

Very nice. It looks magical :0)

Lana Kim White Austin said...

The antique silver carving set is absolutely STUNNING!
Blessings/hugs, Lana

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Sandy my friend...you out did yourself on this beautiful table...Oh I love all the silver and white you used...outstanding my friend...many hugs from my side of the mountain to yours....Gl♥ria

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Lovely! The lights in the middle look like a little fire as a centerpiece and how warm and inviting that is! Gifts under the cloche is a great idea too!

DD

a quiet life said...

oh i love this! and your wallpaper is darling~

Kammy said...

Hi Sandy !
I love the tone of your setting - so elegant ! Great pictures you captured - thought I was reading a magazine !
Kammy

dee dee said...

Sandy,
What a beautiful table! It is so very sparkling. I love the idea of the gifts under the glass dome... you are so creative!
Dee Dee

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

So pretty! I love the carving set and those S&P shakers are so cute. LOVE the lights!

Manuela

Marigene said...

Oh, what a beautiful table. I ♥ the little ice skates with the fur on top, so cute. Great idea to put clear lights under the fabric, now why didn't I think of that! The antique carving set is gorgeous.

Carol at Serendipity said...

Very, very lovely. Love the lighting. Thanks for sharing.

Carol

Linda @ A La Carte said...

The lights in the cloche are so pretty and set the mood. Love the white and crystal.

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

I love the way you put the lights on the table---too cool---I think it would be fun to do this year round!!

Linda Q said...

Very pretty table, those skates are darling. And I like your Santaish background on your blog!
Linda