Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cloche Party

It's finally here, the "Cloche Party" over at
Be sure to stop by Marty's and see all the
goodies you will find there.
Well I have to tell, I'm working by the
seat of my pants again. I have fretted,
arranged, rearranged, took everything
apart and I'm still not happy with
anything I came up with, sooo.
When it's cold and when I'm stressed,
I bake. So everything tonight will relate
to food! I have such admiration for
each and everyone of you that
participate in the cloche party. Everything
you put together just looks soooo great.
I don't know if I will ever accomplish what
you girls do.
So here we go
Yelp, remember my silly cloches I made last
summer from wire trash baskets?
Here they are covering my fresh made buns
and the cream cheese to spread on them.
I set up a little brunch table with tea, my
rooster cloches, fresh butter, cream cheese
using a black and red color scheme.
Sorry for the bad pictures, I just couldn't get
the light right.
He's festive, see the wreath he is wearing?
Fresh butter under this little dome.
My centerpiece is a table top tree I
decorated years ago for one of my garden
club Christmas parties. We were having a contest
and the rules were, we could only use
recycled items. So flying by the seat of my
pants one night after work, I grabbed
this three and started to decorate it
with my kids small toys. I tied them on
with raffia, and the bows are made from
a skirt that belonged to my older daughter.
I even got in my keepsake goodies box out and
got a couple of my baby things out.
FIRST PLACE!!!
One of the few times, let me say!!!
OK, this one was from yesterday, as most
of you know. This was part of my center
piece and it held gifts for my guest. The gifts were wrapped in silver paper
to coordinate with my tablescape.
How about desert, served in little cloches?
Apple green and red!!!!!This little beauty is filled with apples and
red ornaments from the Christmas tree.
Maybe the star of the buffet table??
So no matter what the occasion, a buffet
table set in reds and greens or....
or a sit down dinner....
desert for two, or.......
Bunch, just make it special and enjoy the
ones your with.
I hope I didn't bore you to much and that
you enjoyed you visit.
Everyone have a safe and blessed weekend.
See you Monday at Susan's.
Bye For Now,
Sandy

9 comments:

Sue said...

Sandy, Flying by the seat of your pants suits you! Your "trashcan" cloches are simply adorable. How clever to use them to cover your fresh baked rolls and spread.
I like your sparkly,large cloche that you used for your centerpiece- how nice that you had little gifts for your guests. :-) You have done some clever little things to decorate this holiday. And that little tree showed your recycled ingenuity! Thanks for coming by w/your sweet comments. It's always fun to chat w/blogging friends.
~ Sue

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You did a great job. I don't think the wire cloches are silly! Thanks for sharing.

Joyce said...

Your centerpiece made with some baby things and other treasures is wonderful. I like the fact that when you were stressed you baked as I do that too:) Problem is then I eat it all:)
Joyce

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Your cloches are wonderful. I'm not sure I am ready to even try one yet! I have a very small cloche but not sure of what to put into it. I'll check out everyone's post and maybe join in next time. thanks for coming by my blog.

dee dee said...

Sandy,
Wow, you made those? I love the wire cloches! Each of yours is so unique and wonderful! thanks for sharing... Dee Dee

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! I love how you fly by the seat of your tiny pants! You did good! I love your wire ones you've made and covering food! How marvelous is that and you even set the table for us!
Loved your tablescape from yesterday!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I had problems with my cloche photography as well. I enjoyed seeing all this, the rooster with the wreath is so cute! Love the tree with the recycled ornaments, cute idea!

I used some of my Nativity collection under cloches for the cloche party! Come see!

Katherine

Natasha in Oz said...

You made those cloches...incredible! How talented you are! I love your apothecary jars filled with Christmas baubles too.

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment. I really appreciate it.

Have a lovely weekend and best wishes, Natasha.
PS I love your blog background!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Hi Sandy~ ~I checked out your table settings and they are all lovely. I like the idea of the lights under the sheer white fabric too. Clever.