Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, December 7, 2009

It's A Small World After All

It's time for Deck The Halls!!
I want to thank Susan for hosting this event.
So be sure to stop by
for wonderful inspiration and some
great eye candy. My post got it's name, because of the
decorations in this room.
This is my living/library/ music room.
Every year I put my largest Christmas
tree in this room, its totally covered in
ornaments made by all three of my
children, grandchildren, antique ornaments,
just a little of everything. I decorate the
whole room with children in mind.
This is where all the gifts will go and
everyone will gather to open them.
It's so nice to go in this room and just
look at the tree.
We have some pretend gifts waiting on the old sled, granny hasn't gotten around to wrapping the real one's, but I will this week!!!! I have had this little music box since my son was a baby. It plays: It's A Small World After All. A Santa bell for the tea tray.
Red ribbon tied around a gold candle
and another Santa music box.
My mantel again, you can see the table top
tree, made from my kids baby toys and
another Santa in an old sleigh.
These two magnolia candle sticks were
given to me by my Mother and work
well on the pump organ.
Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you
enjoyed your visit, please don't forget to
let me know what you think. I love
hearing from everyone.
See you Thursday for Tablescape fun.
Bye For Now,
Sandy

15 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Everything looks so pretty and warm !
Thanks for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

Oh, its all so pretty. I really like your mantel with all the nutcrackers. Rosie

Kammy said...

Hi Sandy ~
I am loving your Christmas pretties ! The glow makes is cozy !Kammy

Sue said...

It sounds as if Christmas will be fun at your house. Your tree is lovely.

Sue

Sandra said...

Hi Sandy. Your decor looks so warm and inviting. I love all your special pretties. Thank you so much for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. Have a wonderful evening.
Sandra

Jeanette said...

Everything is just lovely. I am so far behind. It is just cozy!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That is so lovely! The kiddies will love it and the glow is so homey and nice! Cindy

susan said...

Sandy-That is the best kind of tree-filled with love and memories. I loved looking at your decorations, but the round table with the vintage pieces near the telescope is what really caught my eye--love what you have there! Thanks for linking to Deck the Halls!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a lovely image that last picture makes with the violin, Sandy! All through elementary, middle and high school my daughter played the violin. She used to do "concerts" for us at the holidays and then when my son took saxophone they played together for us. I miss that! I wrap "fake" presents too, just to use to fill in spots that really need a decoration that size.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Ok, whoa....is that a real harp? Do you play? Wonderful!

Carol said...

Everything looks so cozy & lovely! Have a happy week!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi Sandy,l it is so nice to meet you. Your home and all Christmas decoations are beautiful. Thank so much for swinging by and saying hello. Pop in any 'ole time.
hugs ~lynne~

Michelle said...

OH MY...your blog is so festive. Love the wallpaper!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Your tree is beautiful! I like that it's a mix of things!

Manuela

Unknown said...

And what a lovely visit it has been with you. Your decor is alive with warmth & elegance.

Merry Christmas, TTFN ~ Marydon
~~NEW BLOG~~ blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com