Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Valentine Tea and Buffet

Play time!
Be sure to stop by
for lots of creative and beautiful
tablescapes.
Thanks Susan for hosting this event.
Now lets go to A Valentine Tea and Buffet.
You have saw my pink depression glass
dishes several times, with the exception
of the new plates. I found four matching
plates on eBay a few weeks ago and
decided to use them today.
I have never really decorated allot for
Valentines Day, so my decorations are
limited.The pink candles and flowers
were in my stash.
This was my inspiration for the tablescape.
I bought this last summer at a yard sale,
still in the original box, a $3.00 find.
Our desert cups. Water, sweet tea or wine, your choice. Open the box, you might find some little chocolates.
I added the rose plates under the serving
pieces, just for color and the place settings
are ready to be picked up, so you are ready
to work your way around the table.
The table covering is a coverlet with roses
on it.
Pink linen napkins and white flatware.
Thanks for coming by, don't forget to let
me know what you think.
Bye for now,

32 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh what a pretty Valentine tea -- it should be just the thing to warm your guests up -- One snow a year is enough for me -- now we've had two (and it's still hanging around) -- and we're predicted to get more snow again this weekend - it's quickly becoming a four letter word!!! Wish I was coming to your pretty valentine tea - just the thing for mid-winter cheer. Everything looks lovely and inviting -- pink depression glass is my favorite!

nannykim said...

I love that depression glass--it always has such a delicate look to it--so feminine. The ones I have are pink with green. It is nice to use such old pieces.

Raggedy Kingdom said...

Love your depression glass. I have green - waiting for St. Patrick's Day. Shiela @ Raggedy Kingdom

Marigene said...

I love the pink depression glass. The tea set is adorable.

From the Old InkWell said...

Your depression glass is just beautiful! Love the pink!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! What a beautiful Valentine setting! I adore your pink depression glass. I have a few pieces. You've done a beautiful job.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Sandy, This table is the definition of Valentines! So lovely and feminine, and it has stolen my heart. I would love to come to this tea!
Yvonne

Dreamgoddess said...

What a pretty, romantic table. I love your pink depression glassware and it's so perfect for a Valentine tea.

Lia at Petite Little Bee said...

This looks so wonderful. Thanks for sharing it with us. Cheers, Lia

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous buy! And I love those pink dessert cups too..so delicate and pretty!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Pretty in Pink! I really like this!

Katherine

black eyed susans kitchen said...

The depression glass is so beautiful! It really sets a romantic mood.
Susan

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

So pretty. I love the pink depression glass and the rest of the table is just as lovely. The coverlet makes for a beautiful tablecloth for your table!

Debbiedoos said...

I love your tablescape, it looks so romantic!

Sue said...

I love the way the depression glass is perfect for Valentine's Day. I have one piece of the pink, a large round platter that belonged to my grandmother. I never thought about using it for Valentine cookies or something. You have pretty things!

Sue

Unknown said...

What a great table! LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink depression glass. I wish I could attend your Valentines Tea.

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Very pretty! Love the tea set - can't believe you got that for $3!

DD

Nanna said...

just beautiful! I started collecting the pink glass dishes a few years ago, I just saw those same pink goblest & came very close to getting them

Helen

LillyB said...

I love your tablescape!!

coloradogal said...

Love the coverlet idea--it really expands one's options for tabletop looks!

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Sonny, Thanks for stopping by, you asked what part of SC I am in...small town called Tega Cay, stands for beautiful pennisula (sp) incorrect LOL, anyhow we are surrounded by Lake Wylie and it is a wonderful community to raise children. Come again real soon, maybe tomorrow for my first Meme party!!~ Details coming later today:)

Sarah said...

Oh, that pink depression glass is so delicate and perfect for a romantic valentine table. Thanks for sharing this lovely setting.

Melissa Miller said...

Sandy this looks so beautiful and very Valentine-y! I just adore it all.

Wonderful tablescape!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

It is so soft and beautiful, what a wonderful table, I should have those dessert dishes, wow they are just so beautiful, love the table..Phyllis

The Design Coach said...

Love the matelasse table cloth. Such a nice contrast to the pink depression dishes.

Natasha in Oz said...

It all looks so pretty and very romantic indeed!
Best wishes to you for Valentines,
Natasha.

Cindy said...

Sandy, how pretty. I love pink depression glass, it is perfect for Valentines day, the rose petals on the table were a special little touch. Love your tablesetting.

Cindy

Sonia said...

What a beautiful tea party for Valentine's you created! I just love the soft pinks and elements you put together on your table!
Very pretty..I love tea parties!

Miss Bloomers

Anonymous said...

This is so romantic that it feels am sitting there and waiting for your tea and yummy sweets.

TY for sharing your wonderful setting at home.

Happy week-end.

Tardevil said...

Gorgeous dishes! Especially the teapot and pink depression glass. Great finds.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh your swwet floral plates and pink dessert cups are such sweet bits of bliss.

The Tablescaper said...

What a lovely Valentine tea. Great Depression Glass!

- The Tablescaper