Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

What A Difference Black Makes

Happy Mothers Day to everyone !!!
Thanks Susan for hosting today's event.
Be sure to drop by
and take a look at all the great ideals
that you will find there.
I missed last weeks posting to Metamorphosis
Monday, so I will continue my mini
kitchen update this week.
This is a tiny little cabinet that sits in the
corner of the kitchen just before you go into
the foyer. I had the solid panels cut out a
couple of years ago and added the glass.
Then changed the plain knobs to the grape
knobs.
Please ignore the messy shelves!!!
The change, if you remember I used the
same knobs on the, coat closet turned
pantry.
Now this little shelf hung over it. It really
never looked finished to me!!!
My solution.........
A door with wire in it!!!
So what do you think??? Better????? Or not???? Be Honest!!!!!
A picture of some of my cabinets with
the brushed nickle finish. Now this looks
kind of washed out, but still much better
than the gold ones that were here when I
moved in.
What a difference black makes!!!!!
Better?????? Or Not??????
I also changed things up a little on top of the
counters. I am seeing allot of coffee stations
on TV now, so I tried to set one up, for
tea and coffee. I may change this up a little
and put this in my appliance garage on
the other side of the kitchen, what do you
think?
My latest love!!!
This is great for a large get together,
three different foods all staying warm at the
same time, one outlet used!!!
Well I guess I have milked this kitchen
update as much as I can. I will have one more
post on this, next week. A face lift for my
center island!!! Please let me know what you
think, any suggestions or comments are always
appreciated!! I will get back to you as soon as
possible. I am now a working girl again, at
least part time. I'm working for Century 21
as a personal assistant to one of the agents.
I may be going to Charlotte next month to
get my staging certification, I will have
think about that one!!! Bye For Now,

11 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the chickenwire in the door. It looks just perfect. The black knobs are also fabulous. Great idea. I see coffee stations too and yours is a great idea. The apothecary jars are great. Hope you are having a fabulous Mother's Day. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I think it looks great!
Happy Mother's Day

Debbiedoos said...

You will be in my neck of the woods soon. YES it does look better, looks finished and I love the hardware you chose on the cabinets, it all looks great!~ It really is the little things that can make all the difference....enjoy your trip! Debbie

Anonymous said...

You did so good. It did look a little unfinished before. I think it's perfect now. The black accents really make your cabinets stand out. Great choice. I want your warmer!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

I like the extra touches and the addition of black is ALWAYS a good thing! Linda

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the chickenwire and black does look better.

The Tablescaper said...

The chickenwire looks adorable and so do all of your knobs.

Thanks for visiting and your kind comments.

- The Tablescaper

Red Door Home said...

Small changes make big differences!

Atticmag said...

Looks like I'm not the only one busy updating my kitchen. So nice to see your changes too. That little cabinet is adorable. Jane F

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love what you are doing here and I see you have the same type of oak cabinets I do in my kitchen. I really want to paint mine and I'm at the point where I don't care what color I just want the oak gone!

If you're sure you don't mind suggestions . . . : ) I would move that large ceramic canister {beautiful colors by the way} and you say you have an island? I'd put it on the island with a vignette. I think it's too big for that little counter and that is throwing you off visually. Then, I'd move your coffee bar over there in its place. Okay, that's it, I hope you're not offended!

Marie said...

Hello sweet Sandy - I'm catching up from last week's Met Monday! Love all the black accents you've added in your kitchen! And those new fleur de lis knobs are fabulous!

Thank you for sharing. I'd love for you to stop by for a visit and enter my giveaway!
http://emmacallsmemama.com/2010/05/bff-giveaway/

Blessings,
Marie