Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, May 17, 2010

A Desk Redo

Thanks Marty for hosting today's event.
Be sure to make a stop at
"A Stroll Thru Life" to visit with Marty and all of today's
talented party people.
I did a little change to my Grandmothers
antique desk I use in my dining room.
As I have told you before, this was one of
the first pieces of furniture she and my
Grandfather bought after they were
married. So now I have been given the
honor of taking care of it until its handed
down to one of my children.
I had a little oriental chest on it (an extra place
for dish storage) for the longest time, then
decided to move the chest to another room.
So I added my Big Lots cloche and put the
clock under it.
A night view.
I used a gold charger under the clock
and cloche.
The clock is from Stein Mart and has
grapes and grape leaves on it.
A wider view of the dining room, where you
can see the matching candle holders on the
dining room table.
Once again, don't forget to make a stop
and see all the wonderful creativity
waiting for you at
Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed
your visit.
Bye For Now,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! What a lovely vignette you've set up here. The clock under the cloche looks great.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Thanks for you comments on my kitchen! Very pretty vignette! Love the picture over the desk. It's fabulous! How wonderful to have your grandmothers desk. I love antiques too, especially ones that have family connections!

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Very pretty! Love your "evening" pictures! The tall lamps look terrific on the special desk - how wonderful to have that in your possesion now.

DD

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I really like your vignette - very elegant looking. You did good!
Enjoy your week.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, this is just gorgeous. I love your beautiful vignette and your cloche is out of this world. Such a beautiful area and it is so pretty the way you have it all decorated. Hugs, Marty PS, thanks so much for joining the party.

A Hint of Home said...

I love the vignette. I really like the clock under the cloche. Great look!

Creations By Cindy said...

So pretty! Love how you done the arrangment. Be blessed. Cindy