Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

An Island Makeover

Thanks to Susan at
for hosting today's event.
Be sure to stop by and visit with all of
today's participants for lots of great ideals
and inspiration.
Today is my last installment of my mini
kitchen makeover. This was my kitchen last
fall, not allot of drama going on with the island.
I also did a pretty good job of hiding the old
refrigerator, it was really an old one, but came
with the house, still worked and just wasn't a
priority to replace.
After the ebony glaze!
So what do you think?
Better or not?
I went with the black refrigerator due to the
fact that the ovens, cook top and other
appliances were black. With the possibility
that we may be selling in the next couple
of years, I wanted to make things a little easier
if and when that time comes.
Have any suggestions, any comments, let me
know. Thanks for coming by!
Bye For Now,

13 comments:

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

I love the island makeover. It adds a lot to your kitchen, especially with the black appliances. Thanks for the nice comment on my front porch! Have a great week!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I like the black island - ties in with your appliances!
Stop over for a chance for a Lantern giveaway from CSN - patti

Lori E said...

You did a great job on this. It must have been a little nerve racking to start painting such an important piece.

Judy @ In His Grip said...

Oh, wow, I do like this. Great job!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Great job! I think it looks much better now and gives it a more updated look!

Anonymous said...

What a nice kitchen! I love your island painted black. It really looks great!
be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love the island. It looks just fabulous. I think having a different color is so up to date. Beautiful. Hugs, Marty

Donna said...

Definitely better. Great job. It matches so much better to the colors of your kitchen.
D

Tardevil said...

SO much better! Great job!

Martha said...

I like it -- I like when the island is different from the cabinets and the black fridge is perfect! Love the potrack as well -- love hanging pots!

Sherry said...

I do like the way it all goes together. The black refrigerator was a great choice. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I think the black island is a nice touch. Too much wood can be a little overwhelming. :)

Anonymous said...

It looks great! The island looks much better black. It's very inspiring to me too. Mr. NaM and I are in the "talking" stage about doing our kitchen.