Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, June 15, 2009

What's A Gardener To Do?

We had such a long and cold winter here last year that I could not
wait to get outside and work in my gardens. To my surprise while
working in my backyard garden, I found this under one of my shrubs.
Well who could disturb this scene? So I go to another part of the yard
to work, after all I have major projects to complete. Moving the small
pond from from the front yard to the back so that I could have a
waterfall feature, making the front pond twice as large, adding gold fish,
flowers, well you get the picture.
So to my surprise!! Guess who will not be working on her backyard pond today? But I will say it again, who could distrub this scene?? After all every Mother needs to teach her children to swim... To listen to Mother when she calls.....
And Swim......
Will I ever get to hear the water as it spills over?? Will I ever
plant flowers and watch them bloom as I am sitting on my
deck ? OK, I'll just move to the front yard after lunch, plenty
to do out there. After all it's spring and I'm into major projects
this year.
Well Hello!!!
Think she knew??? After all it is deeper and much larger!!
The work can wait, this is just cute to miss, let them play!!
I can go weed the Iris bed!!!
Do you think she was laughing at me???
I hope you have enjoyed my little cutties!!
I have to say it was three great weeks of watching
them grow and develope!! And I wouldn't change a thing!!!
Think this was strange??? Someday I'll tell you about the birds nest..

No comments: