Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Porch & Patio Party

Welcome to another Porch & Patio Party Wednesday hosted
by the gracious Barb at Grits and Glamour. Be sure to visit Barb
and check out all the creative post. This is not really a porch it's
just a little niche as you come into my backdoor from the carport.
I love going out here and drinking coffee in the morning, tea in the
afternoon, or maybe just read a little.
It's even great sitting out here at night, I have two lamps
out here, if you get a little chilly I even have a quilt. The little purple table the fern is sitting on serves two purposes when not holding the fern, its holds my grandkids snacks. Mr. lamb hiding, waiting on the little ones to come back.
This dish is from a friend that I could never come up with
words to tell you about her, she's that special to me, and
she never misses Girls Night at my house!! Thanks Kim,
for your friendship and the dish. If you saw my post from
Monday, you saw my front porch and I also had it in
purple. I do this for a reason I have three doors that are
visible to the street in front of my house, and I think this
just makes everything a little more eye pleasing. We do
have a deck at the back of the house which allows me to
play a little, with different colors.
My front porch after dark with the topiary lights.
Hope you have enjoyed your visit, please come
again, and don't forget to leave a comment.

4 comments:

Printersdevil said...

I love your niche. This looks so peaceful and pleasant. I know it is a favorite place---it would be for me, too.

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Your niche is perfect. I love the pops of color with the black rattan. The tiered dish is lovely.

What a great little hidden spot you have created for yourself.

I am so, so glad you were able to get your comments section up and running. I felt so bad no one could comment. Thanks to sweet Marty for posting to you.

Thanks for joining in the Porch and Patio Party. I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

Happy Blogging, Barb

Tammy518 said...

Your little nook is so cozy and inviting. I love the purple and green. The tiered dish your friend gave you is beautiful!

I'm glad you got your posting problem fixed. I tried to post a comment last night, but couldn't.

Kimbra Kasch said...

What a beautiful niche. And I love the door decoration.