Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Welcome to another Metamorphosis Monday hosted
by Susan at Between Naps On The Porch. Everyone be
sure to visit Susan and all the other participants for
this event and some great ideals. Thanks Susan for
hosting this event. This is a picture of my house in 2005 after move in day.
Not allot of landscaping, just some large old shrubs.
We have moved along a little to 2006. A little better,
this was the first small pond I had in the front yard.
And notice the difference the white shutters made.
Day lily bed not too bad looking. Now moving along to 2009.
Large old shrubs are gone, flower beds a little more full.
Day lily bed 2009.
A sea of yellow with the river rock border.
Willow tree is much larger.
Riverbed that runs into the new goldfish pond.
Goldfish are camera shy.
This little wilderness bed is at the end of the driveway
under trees and next to the basket ball court. Not allot
of sun here, sometimes allot of abuse from the balls,
but it seems to be doing well, and the wildlife love it.
Hope you have enjoyed your little visit, and will
visit again. Please leave a comment, and I will see
everyone Tuesday at Barb's for Tea Time Tuesday..
Next week I hope to post before and after pictures
of the face lift I am giving one of my guest bathrooms.
A little hint it involves an antique chest, a vessel sink
and some red oak plank flooring.

8 comments:

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

I love the pond, so nice! You really added a lot of curb appeal. Looks great!
~Michelle

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sandy your yard is gorgeous. I love the landscaping and the white shutters. Such a pretty pond and fountain. I will see you for sure at Barb's on Tuesday. I took my pics today so I could have them all set. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! Oh, what a lovely home and yard transformation! Everything is beautiful!
be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Kammy said...

Very beautiful and what a lovely pond ! I bet you and your family love it !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Peg said...

Your daylilies look so pretty and I like the goldfish pond too!

Tomarie said...

I am sentimental over your beautiful pond! When I was a girl...we took one on as a family project. We dug for months, put in the concrete, etc. etc. My dad loved looking at the fish and I think of him everytime I see one. :-)
It's amazing what shutters will do to a home! Your home is beautiful! Laura

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

The yard is filling out nicely & looking good. I love the fish pond.

TitansFan said...

OOh, I had soo much fun searching for the Vessel Sink I bought for my wife for Mothers Day. She just about tackled with a hug when she saw it.