Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Please Pray For The Families

I suppose anyone who has saw the news in the last
two weeks knows about about the loss of the twenty
nine wonderful men who lost their lives in the
catastrophic mine explosion, here in WV.
One of those brave men happened to be the
21 year old son of a friend of mine.
Why is it when you need the words the most,
nothing comes, all you can say is
"I'm So Sorry".
Please everyone pray for the families!
Coal Miners Prayer
Bright white lamps illume their way,
So far removed from the light of day.
One hundred tests they face each week,
Down in the mines the coal to seek.
Trained to live beneath the soil,
In dark and damp they had to toil.
To wrest the minerals from the land,
By strength of mind and back of hand.
Courage is a must they say,
To work as miners day by day.
So far removed from child and wife,
And face the rigors of a miners life.
Now high above in the light of sun,
A child at play enjoys his fun.
Fun at times concealing fear,
That the mines will claim his Dad so dear.
And as they work beneath the clay,
With hands bowed down these miners pray,
That God will hear them up above
And send them safely to the ones they love.
Now if this cannot come to pass,
And he must pay the price at last.
The miner leaves his last demand
Keep my child safe above the land.

2 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I am so sorry your friend lost her son. :-( I just can not imagine the emotional pain. (((hugs))).

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sandy, my heart goes out to your friend and the loss of her son! I'll pray for you as you minister love to her. Sometimes you just need to be there.
Thank you for coming by to see me.
Blessings,
Shelia ;0