Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Misfits

It's Monday and time for Metamorphosis Monday
hosted by Susan at Between Naps on The Porch
and for The Knock Off Knock Out party at
Be sure to pay both our host and all of today's
participants a visit for some very
wonderful inspiration.
Welcome to the sad little story of the," Four Little Misfits".
My .50 lamp shade and .25 bag of white feathers were
laying on separate shelves at the thrift store. Sadly day
after day they kept thinking, why has no one taken us
home and put us together, we could look as good as
that designer lampshade in the magazine and we
wouldn't cost $30.00.
Across town waiting to be sold at the community yard
sale, a little out dated lamp sat wondering what her fate
would be. Will someone buy me, or will I be forced to be
stored away in a cold dark basement for another year?
I just know for, $1.00 someone could take me home and I
could be glamorous again!
I would look soooooo good in silver!!
And we still have another little misfit across town,
waiting in a box for someone, (me) to rescue it and
all his little friends. We are old, but very beautiful
with just a little "Wright's Silver Cream", we would
shine for you, (thanks Bill for the tip).
A $5.00 rescue was in order.
I had to take action!
So as the rescue continues. The feathers and shade are feeling proud, they look
as good as the designer shade in the magazine.
And the little lamp is standing tall again feeling proud
to be wearing her silver. She thinks she looks just as good as the lamp in the
Christmas Gift Shop.
And here they are standing tall, self esteem has been
regained, no longer Misfits.
I hope you enjoyed your visit.
I must go now and try to save more "Misfits".
Please don't forget to,
leave a comment, suggestion or question. I love
hearing from everyone.
Bye For Now,
Sandy

10 comments:

Its So Very Cheri said...

that looks amazing. I like the tray under the lamp. Perfecto.

Cheri

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh, I love this pretty little lamp. How clever to use the little tray underneath, and the shade is just perfect. Hugs, Marty

Leanne said...

I love the feathers on the shade. It looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Signing Out said...

Sandy, your lamp looks fabulous! I love the tray underneath, too. You are so creative!

Jane

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a great redo. I also like the silver under the lamp.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Your lamp is all dolled up now!!! Looking fabulous!!

nannykim at spindle cottage said...

that is sooooo coooooool!! Wondering how you attached everything!

Michelle said...

I'm sitting here next to feathered lamp as I type this!

Love the white on white feathered shade...so elegant and pretty!

Marigene said...

I love the new look to the lamp and shade; very nice.

Julie said...

Hi Sandy... I love it all
xoxo
Julie