Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Say Boo!

It's Treat time again at
so be sure to get over and see
all the wonderful tablescapes
waiting for you there.
Remember no Tricks only Treats! Welcome to "Say Boo!"
Tonight we will be eating with the ghost.
The little ghost on the right of the screen
my youngest made while in Kindergarten,
she's seventeen now,
(yes I am a pack rat, I always knew I would
need it one day, Ha Ha). Now lets work our way around the table
and see what other things we can find.
A mean looking tea light, given to me by a friend
several years ago.
I see Casper has decided to join us for dinner!
I used branches from the yard, spray painted
black with a little Spanish moss for a little
drama.
Boo confetti.
Now onto our place setting.
The place mat is from TJ Maxx, I used a black
plate for my charger, I have had this set of
dishes for many years then a plain white plate
found at a garage sale for my salad plate and
my sandwich plate, I bought several years
ago, clearance sale for .50 each at Gabs.
The napkin rings and napkins were bought
at different times, at different store but match
perfectly.
A happy ghost with his friends.
My glasses are just my everyday tea glasses
with confetti glued on them and topped with
a dripping coat of sugar around the rim of
the glass.
I used school glue, which of course will wash
off very easily.
One last night look.
A daytime look.
I want to thank everyone for visiting and
please don't forget to visit all of today's
participants. Please feel free to leave a
comment, suggestion or question, I enjoy
hearing from everyone.
Bye For Now,
Sandy

26 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh what a cute "boo" table! Love it - and so adorable. Thanks for your sweet visit today! I always enjoy hearing from you.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a fun and cute table. Decorating the glasses with the boo stickers and the sugar is just the cutest idea. Love the cute halloween plates and Casper too. Great table. Hugs, Marty

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love your "BOO" table. It's darling. I love how you glued the confetti onto the glasses. I'll have to try that sometime. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

How cute! You did a great job.

Its So Very Cheri said...

What a darling table scape. Thanks for your sweet thoughts. We are about to head to the hospital with 3 of the kiddos.

cheri

Rettabug said...

Dang....I could have used lots of your ideas this past weekend! Very creative, especially the decorations on the glasses. Love those plates, too!

fondly,
Rettabug

Unknown said...

Soooo cute! I love how it all came together. That little ghost your sweet baby made is adorable and what a great mother you are that you still have it. Very cute table.

Nancy said...

Ah, black branches, again. I wrote it down this time! Great idea. I love your spooky setting.

Sue said...

That is a great tip to put the confetti on the glasses. It's a cute look and would work for many occasions. Your table looks great.

Sue

Kammy said...

Hello ~
Love your spooky table ! I love Casper !~
Kammy

Kat said...

HI Sandy this is such cute tablescape! I love it. Each week now for maybe three weeks I have done the tablescape, I've never been able to visit each person, there are way to many, but I do try. Have a lovely evening.

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Just so darned cute, I loved the plates, so unique, what a fun setting...

Tardevil said...

Like all your ghosts. The Casper is too cute. Like the napkin rings too! Happy Halloween!

nannykim at spindle cottage said...

I can't believe you saved the ghost!! On the other hand he is so darling that I can see why you did!! He is great!!! perhaps your daughter should go into business, ha! Can't believe you did all the booing with gluing on the glasses---a boold move!! hehe Have a great weekend.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sandy...

Ohhh my...what a BOOtiful table! My friend, so much creativity here...I love how you spray painted the little trees black and used the moss...and I love how you decorated the goblins...oops, I mean goblets! hehe! The place settings...love, love, LOVE!!! Those are the most darling Halloween plates...so cute! Using a black charger and white plate under them...really showcases them nicely!!! But I must admit...my favorite is the ghost that your daughter made...I guess I'm a little sentimental that way too! It's so sweet and what a sweet memory too!!! Thank you so much for sharing your BOOtiful table with us today...it was definitely a "treat"!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Sandy! Just passing by, but HAD to say how much I LOVE your table today, and all your Halloween spirit!! What fun!.. I especially loved seeing your dinner guest, Caspar!! I've been a long time fan of his! Happy Tablescape Thursday to you! ~tina

Brenda Pruitt said...

It's a "ghoulish" time at your house! I'm sure she appreciates that you saved it. I loved Casper when I was a kid!
Brenda

Marigene said...

Boo-tiful table! ♥ the little dessert plates.

Kathleen said...

How cute! I love the ghosts, and those dishes are adorable.
I could have used those napkin rings with my ghost table!

Unknown said...

I LOVE WHAT YOU DID WITH THE GLASSES!!! That is so clever. I am sooo going to copy that. This is just a sweet little setting!

~Liz

Melissa Miller said...

This is very boo-tiful as well!!

sherri@lavenderfields said...

Your table is really fun and when all put together looks really classy. What a great effort! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week!

Joyce said...

Casper is so cute on your table. Now the stickers are a great way to decorate.
Joyce

Bunny Jean said...

I saw your Halloween dishes on this weeks MM and began to read your blog.

I have enjoyed visiting and am a follower from now on...

Pinky said...

Sandy, I am late seeing this but I am SOOOOO glad I didn't miss it! This si adorable, and I LOVE the ghost that your daughter made...and that you still have it! I just did a Halloween table that I will post this week. Hope you come to Sasan's to see it on Thurs.! Xo, Pinky

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I missed this one last time, it is so cute with all those little ghosts, especially the one your daughter made! Aren't you glad you kept it!

Great TT!

Katherine