Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Say Boo!

It's Treat time again at
so be sure to get over and see
all the wonderful tablescapes
waiting for you there.
Remember no Tricks only Treats! Welcome to "Say Boo!"
Tonight we will be eating with the ghost.
The little ghost on the right of the screen
my youngest made while in Kindergarten,
she's seventeen now,
(yes I am a pack rat, I always knew I would
need it one day, Ha Ha). Now lets work our way around the table
and see what other things we can find.
A mean looking tea light, given to me by a friend
several years ago.
I see Casper has decided to join us for dinner!
I used branches from the yard, spray painted
black with a little Spanish moss for a little
drama.
Boo confetti.
Now onto our place setting.
The place mat is from TJ Maxx, I used a black
plate for my charger, I have had this set of
dishes for many years then a plain white plate
found at a garage sale for my salad plate and
my sandwich plate, I bought several years
ago, clearance sale for .50 each at Gabs.
The napkin rings and napkins were bought
at different times, at different store but match
perfectly.
A happy ghost with his friends.
My glasses are just my everyday tea glasses
with confetti glued on them and topped with
a dripping coat of sugar around the rim of
the glass.
I used school glue, which of course will wash
off very easily.
One last night look.
A daytime look.
I want to thank everyone for visiting and
please don't forget to visit all of today's
participants. Please feel free to leave a
comment, suggestion or question, I enjoy
hearing from everyone.
Bye For Now,
Sandy
Post a Comment