Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Simply Lunch

Well it's Thursday and tablescape time.
Be sure to stop by Susan's at
and all of today's participants
for wonderful inspiration.
Now lets go to "Simply Lunch".
My contribution this week is a simple one.
I have been on the go all week with three
Cross Country meets, so I am having some
"me time".
I am having lunch in my living, music, library
all rolled into one room. It's a very peaceful room,
no TV, just books and over sized leather furniture
to sink into.
I'm eating at my library table turned desk just for
my "me time".
I used a orange piece of material over the table, just folded the edges under, no sew, then I added a small green fringed pillow cover over that as a substitute for the place mat. My theme is jack-o-lanterns, and copper. One source of candle light from a orange candle in a hurricane globe. I have some old post cards to look at while eating. I have had the salt and pepper shakers for more than ten years, I think maybe a Wal Mart find. A little pumpkin mug for some green tea, a yard sale find years ago, I think I have two of them. Looks like a nice place to visit.
This is a copper Turkish coffee pot holding the dressing. I have four of them.
A EBay find.
My flatware is inside the napkin tied with a black
velvet ribbon. It's just everyday flatware, the napkin
is from a thrift store years ago.
The salad plate is from a garage sale a couple of years
ago, I got a whole box of decorations for I think $5.00.
A copper tray holding the salad bowl.
Time to eat!!!
I hope you enjoyed lunch! Please don't forget to
leave a comment, suggestion or question.
I love hearing from everyone. Bye For Now,
Sandy

15 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sandi, I love "me time". Your lunch table is so pretty and looks like such a wonderful place to relax and just enjoy a little reading. All of your dishes are so pretty and the pumpkin theme is just perfect for the season. Beautifully done. I love the mix of fabrics on the table. Hugs, Marty

Allison Shops said...

Cute lunch table. We should do something for ourselves now and then - this is perfect. Thanks for sharing the idea.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

A cute lunch table -- love how you've put this all together for such a fun look.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Wonderful table, Sandy. Looks like a perfect place for some much needed "me time".

Barb said...

Sandy, this is so pretty and totally festive. Love it!

Barb ♥

Rettabug said...

Your copper Turkish coffee pot is very interesing! We've been to Turkey & seen the street vendors brewing their strong coffee. NOT my cuppa tea! LOL I like your use of it better. :D

Very pretty table, Sandi. You did a nice job of pulling it all together.

nannykim/ spindle cottage said...

Hmm, you sure your not a clemson fan? all that orange--Love that little table (which doesn't really look too little!). It is nice to have a pamper-me time and do a fun setting such as yours!!

Dining Delight said...

Good for you, taking the time to treat yourself to a nice table setting! Great find on the the pumpkin dishes at the garage sale!

DD

Sarah said...

Sandi, enjoyed seeing your Halloween inspired table. The black and orange checked napkin makes a great statement.

Krystal Kats said...

Sandi, It's nice to see a Halloween TT. It's my first TT so I wanted to do a fall theme. Your table is splendrous. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful evening.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

How cute. That Jack-o-latern bowl is sooo cute. I haven't seen a bowl. Nice you took time to do this for yourself! Happy TT!

Signing Out said...

How adorable! You are so creative. I think I need some "me time", too.

Jane

bj said...

I adore me time....and your mixture of fabrics and the pumpkin theme is just wonderful.
Happy Thursday...

Phyllis @Around the House said...

The black and orange checked napkins are soooocute, I just love them. Love the wonderful colors, you have done a beautiful job of putting this all together...thanks for sharing...

xinex said...

Oh Sandy, how wonderful to have a "Me" time especially with a special fall table set like that. It's perfect and I love the colors! Thank you so much for visiting our home not just once but twice!...Christine