Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Posh Porch Party

It's time for the Posh Porch Party being hosted
by Shannon at "Posh Pieces".
Be sure to stop by Shannon's for some..
Halloween Treats.
I really don't have what would be considered
a front porch, but that has never stopped me
from decorating for the Holidays.
I decorated my door in September for fall,
than all I had to do was make small changes
the closer we got to Halloween.
The sunflowers are in a black hanging basket
and all I did was attach the Welcome sign
from Hobby Lobby with a little wire to the
hanger. I used clear light on the grapevine
tree, then all I had to do was add the little
pumpkin light covers for Halloween. I sat the
tree on a plant stand covered with Autumn
leaves. This has worked very well for the
last two months. I will change things in
November for Thanksgiving.
This is just outside my kitchen door, its a little
offset and makes a great little seating area.
I have a couple of antique wicker pieces out
here a settee and a table. I also have another
grapevine tree here as well. This is a day time
view.
I have some sticks from the yard with a pumpkin sitting in the middle and Mr. Crow as the lookout.
As night approaches!
My wreath is a little out of the norm. I had
two grapevine wreath the same size so I
just attached them together with a little raffia.
My next picture is not even of a porch, but
I always throw a few decorations out here
This is my front yard pond, I just love the
reflection of the lights off the water. Hey,
the fish even match the lights. Ha Ha.
Thanks for visiting tonight and I hope you
will came back soon! Please feel free to
leave a comment, suggestion or question
I love hearing from you.
Bye For Now,
Sandy

6 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

How cute - you did a great job decorating.

Roeshel said...

So cute! I love your porch decor the jackolanterns around the pond are awesome! :)

Roeshel

Shannon said...

Thanks for joining the party! I love the lights around the pond, so pretty. The double wreath idea is clever. Great job!

Jeanette said...

It is so cute, and the lights around the pond. Too cute. I will have to remember that for next year.

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

Lovely table!!

I love the candlelight around the pond, too. Very pretty!

Marti @ The Next Fifty Years said...

I love your decorated trees. I never would have thought of putting decorating on a vine tree (but I will now!)