Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

What Do You Get???

It's time for another Metamorphosis Monday
hosted by Susan at Between Naps On The Porch.
Be sure to stop by and see Susan and all the other
great inspiration you will find there from all
of today's participants.
My contribution this week is really short, I have
got several projects going, like trying to do some
painting in the house and we are still into
Cross Country, so still allot of running to
do with my Daughter.
So here we go!!
Question, What do you get when you have two
of these cheap wire trash baskets and then
add them to....
These two old salt and pepper shakers....
Plus Black paint....
Curious yet??????
This of course!!!
My version of a Wire Cloche!!!
Are you proud of me Marty???
We have Mrs. Hen and her babies basking in the sun
on a nice Fall day.
Now lets walk down the garden path to find the other cloche.
Here it is with Mr Tin Rooster checking things out.
Looks like he ready to move along.
I hope you enjoyed seeing my little Metamorphosis
this week and will visit again soon.
Please be sure to leave your thoughts or questions.
Bye For Now,
Sandy

17 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

What a cute decorative element to add to the garden! Love it!
Brenda

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sandy, this is precious. I am so proud of you!!!!! This is really ingenious. Now I really do have to look for a wire backet and put it on the patio. I love the roosters and they look just fabulous in the yard. I think they would be wonderful in a tablescape too. I LOVE it. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Very clever and very cute!!

cindy@cottage instincts said...

Woot! That's cute!

Michelle said...

Love the cloche...so cute!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

What a great idea. I never would've seen that pink basket and thought...cloche! You're one smart lady. Well done!

nannykim at spindle cottage said...

Wow , I thought that hen inside was real for a moment---actually at first I thought it was a trapped kitty!! Ha!!

Sharlotte said...

Too cute and very creative. I would not have thought of that. Perfect for the garden! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

THAT is so great! I really love how you repurposed all that and made them FUN!
Have Fun~Happy Fall...

~Really Rainey

Ashlee said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment! I signed up to follow you and would love it if you did the same!

xinex said...

This is such a clever idea! Thanks for sharing. Even if I am not Marty, I am also proud of you. Thanks for touring my home and for your wonderful comment...Christine

Sherri said...

Cute cute cute! I love turning some crazy object into something 'trendy'. LOL I made my own glass cloche.

niartist said...

I can't believe this was a trash can! Definitely treasure now! PERFECT! Thanks for sharing, and inspiring!

Linda Q said...

Now that is an adorable idea!
Linda Q

Cass @ That Old House said...

Haha... oh Sandy I love your black wire cloche idea! It's adorable!
And yes, mr. rooster looks ready to book it.

so creative!
Cass

Unknown said...

Now that's using your imagination! I think it's adorable Sandy. I just love seeing what other people come up with. Thanks for stopping by Cotton Pickin Cute. I'll be following you.
Have a nice evening...Tracy :)