Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Metamorphosis Monday

Welcome to Metamorphosis Monday
hosted by Susan at
Be sure to stop by Susan's and all
of today's participants for your treats,
before Halloween!!!!
First I would like to thank everyone
who visited and left comments on
the home tour, I appreciate each
and every one of them and loved
reading them.
I just have a couple little yard sale and
thrift store finds that have gone through
some changes in the last few week.
This little candle holder I got at a garage sale
a year or more ago. It was only .25 , was a
great size and had great lines, but the gold
wasn't working for me! So last week while
doing my tablescape I needed a large black
candle holder, so to storage I went!
And here she is!
The magic of black paint!!! Now my next little projects inspiration came from all those beautiful lamps I see out there in blogland. Susan has one in her den and I have seen several others while visiting other blogs. Have you ever seen these in the thrift stores or garage sales? Well I have plenty of times, now don't get me wrong I do love my kids and grand kids, but I',m not interested in any more nursery decorating, sooooo........... I grabbed this little baby up for .75, and the shade I already had as well as the yellow material to cover the shade. And here is what she looks like now!!!
I had the little rooster as well, a little white
paint to the lamp and rooster, and I think
I have a winner!
Now the little bear did not go to waste, Lola
and Copper were more than happy to have
another toy to lay around for me to pick up.
Thanks for visiting, I hope you stop by again,
very soon. Feel free to leave a comment,
suggestion or question. I love hearing
from you.
Bye For Now,
Sandy

19 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

The black spray paint sure comes in handy. :) Really like the lamp redo. Thanks for sharing.

Kammy said...

Soooo dang cute Sandy ! I am loving both your make over jobs !
Kammy

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Sandy I love that little lamp you made...how cute is that...Did you know I make victorian lamp shades...I am always on the look out for tea things to make lamps with also...Thanks for sharing my friend...I hope you have a great day on your side of the mountain my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Lori said...

I just love spray paint!! It works wonders... The lamp is just too cute.

Signing Out said...

What a great idea! I love how it turned out, too. It would look great with the roosters in my breakfast nook! :)

Jane

nannykim at spindlecottage said...

I love the lamp!! I have seen others do that....yours came out so cute!! Wondering what kind of glue you used.

Bunny Jean said...

I like those Halloween dishes ( I enlarged the picture) and that black lamp was a good find.

But making that little rooster lamp was so clever of you do.

Atticmag said...

Great transformation. Next time I see a small lamp I will know what to do with it. Thanks for the idea.
Jane T.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I love the lamp! I would have certainly passed up the lamp and not seen the potential. YOu did a wonderful job making it into something I would put in MY home, and for thinking past the obvious to the purpose within!
Fantastic job!
Yvonne

Michelle said...

Lovely job, That's a wonderful transformation on the lamp! Great Met post! Stop by for a visit soon!
Michelle

Shannon said...

Love black spray paint. So many uses right? Hope you will come by tomorrow and link up your entryway or porch for the posh porch party.

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Those are great makeovers! I especially love the rooster - REALLY cute the way you remade the lamp! Linda

Unknown said...

Oh...you are just too good! I love your creativity. Those candle stick holders I wanted to get rid of are going in the Halloween bin once I get done spray painting them.

The rooster on the old lamp is just lovely. I'll be back for more of your lovely ideas.

When visiting my post, be sure to click on the "Follow" button if you like what you see. This way we can share one anothers creativity!

Brenda Pruitt said...

You DO have a winner there! I'm amazed that you looked at that lamp and had such vision! I know I would have walked right on past it. My days of buying for the nursery are over as well. You did a fantastic job! I just love that shade. I've always been drawn to gingham lamp shades.
Brenda

Marti @ The Next Fifty Years said...

I love the lamp! How very clever of you. You've inspired me and I intend to keep an eye out for just such a lamp. Thank you!

Nancy said...

Sandy, the black paint really made that piece usable again. AND, what a perfect idea on the lamp redo. I'm currently obsessed with white so I adore it.

cindy@cottage instincts said...

We should all get a kickback from the spraypaint companies for the amount of free press we give them! Love that lamp to pieces...looks great and the price was very right :o)
peace.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love the lamp! These types of lamps can get expensive in the stores ~ I think it's great you made your own.

Tardevil said...

The lamp turned out great! Like the candleholders too!