Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall Into The Wild Side

It's Thursday and that can only mean one thing
Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan at
So be sure to drop by and see all the beautiful
tablescapes you are sure to find there. Welcome to:
"Fall On The Wild Side"
A view from above
I guess this is not your typical Fall tablescape, but I
thought I might just give "Fall", a little twist. I have used orange candles in brass candlesticks a
small candlestick lamp with a leopard shade I made
several years ago. The vase covered in leopard is just
a run of the mill green vase that I covered in scraps of
leopard material. The vase along with the
small pumpkin are laying in a large wooden leaf.
As we work our way around the table, another small
pumpkin. I used branches from the yard and dried eucalyptus in the vase, letting it fall onto the table.
The table is covered with three table cloths.
A leopard print on the bottom, with a piece of dark
brown and light brown fabric crossing one another.
I incorporated the wine into the center piece, patiently
waiting in it's little bag.
We also have the coffee service waiting, for our after
dinner treat. I used the matching leopard cups placed
in a black tray with a black coffee server. The black
serving tray is from Hobby Lobby and the coffee server,
came from the thrift store.
I have mixed the place setting with leopard and
orange colors. The leopard dishes I bought
several years ago at Kirklands, The orange water
glass is from JC Penny, I have also had them for years.
The wine glasses are from TJ Maxx, Flatware from Value
City, the napkins are from the thrift store as well as the
chargers. So nothing on this table is designer or high
end, just FUN!
I used two napkins, just for fun and color.
Napkin ring is just a plain brass oval shape.
Small bowls came from my Mother.
I have the soup/salad bowl to match the plates under it.
The bread/salad plates are from JC Penny and were
bought at the same time as the water glasses.
Each wine glass has a wine charm depicting a different
little animal.
I used an amber cordial glass and matching spoon for
salt.
I hope you had fun tonight at my little unconventional
Fall dinner, and will visit again soon.
Please don't forget to leave a comment, suggestion or question.
I love hearing from everyone. Bye For Now,
Sandy

25 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sandi, your table is stunning. I love all of the leopard. You have coordinated everything just beautifully. It is all so pretty. The little candle lamp is so cute and I love the use of several different cloths. Very imaginative and lovely. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very pretty - you did a great job!

sarah { abeachcottage } said...

oooh look at all that leopard!

happy tablescaping!

Sarah

Deanna said...

You've set a wonderful table for TT.
Great to see,
d

Julie said...

Hi Sandi,Love your very pretty table
xoxo
Julie

Krystal Kats said...

I love the leopard print mixed in with fall simply charming! Very unique! thanks for sharing with me!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Thanks for inviting us to the "wild side" It's all so fun.

xinex said...

Very pretty! I like the touches of animal prints, makes the tablescape wild!...Christine

nannykim at spindle cottage said...

Love the contrasting orange....makes the rest pop. Love the lamp too!

Joyce said...

Love the wild look.
Joyce

Kathleen said...

Very imaginative ! Cute candle lamp..

Marigene said...

What a unique table, love it!

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

What a lovely table. The leopard accents are so pretty and I love the lamp. It makes a great centerpiece. Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

The Bloom Girls said...

This table is so much fun! I love the colors and texture combination you chose!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

I just love the animal print with the orange, it is a wonderful idea and it looks so chic....love it

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Your table is fabulous. So many wonderful little details that really pull it all together. Love it!

Christi

Brenda Pruitt said...

I like your unconventional tablescape! The leopard skin plates and such works right in with fall and it makes for a beautiful tablescape setting!
Brenda

Sue said...

This was great, it is perfect for fall and yet so unique. You really did a wonderful job of blending patterns and textures to create a special look.

Sue

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Sandy,
I just adore your beautiful Halloween tablescpe! LOVE your precious fringed lamp and the leaopard prints all around.
~Fabulous job!

Thank you very much for your sweet vist tonight. I really appreciate it and hope to hear from you more often.

~Many Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Roeshel said...

Hi Sandi! I think your table is beautiful. I love the leopard with the fall - it's a fun accent and everything looks so elegant. Great job. :)

Roeshel

Sarah said...

Sandy, very clever to mix the leopard print with the orange for a fall twist. I like it! Love anything animal print and you used it beautifully on this tablescape full of wonderful details.

sherri@lavender fields said...

Beautiful fall table. Lots of effort put into it! Love the colours : )

Signing Out said...

Your tablescape is gorgeous! How creative you are to mix the leopard with the fall elements!

Jane

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Now that's the most fun tablescape I've seen in a while! Love it! Everything is just beautiful!

Manuela

Anonymous said...

You have an absolutely beautiful home -- so much inspiration in one place. I'm glad you invited me over. I think those types of bookshelves would look beautiful on each side of your fireplace. I see you already have one. It could then be balanced out so perfectly.

Beautiful blog -- keep 'em coming!