Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Party Time

It's Party Time!
Be sure to make a stop at
Thanks Barb for hosting.
A few of my roosters!!
I attached this little wire rooster basket to
this little stand, a great little marriage!
Great for holding fruits or vegetables.
He is standing guard over the onions today! My yard sale rooster from last summer full of grapevine. Best chili bowls in town!!
Sorry for the bad pictures, my house is very
dark so therefore I have to turn on every
light when it is raining outside.
No change here, Commander In Chief, still
stands guard on the pot rack with more grape
vine!
A new picture I got for Christmas last year.
More roosters in my dining room, sitting on
my, free is good cabinet!!
A bread basket.
A sneak peak at next weeks Tablescapes for
Thursday. A little hen centerpiece.
A little rooster under the wire cloche.
A rooster on the mantle centerpiece.
Thanks for visiting.
Bye For Now,
Sandy

24 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Sandy my friend...girl you got some great Roo's..love the one basket how cute is that...Hope you have a GREAT weekend my friend..Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Free is VERY good ! You have some sweet roosters.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! Oh, love seeing your Roos!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Sandy you have a great little collection..the basket is super! Thanks for popping over at my ROO roost!

A Hint of Home said...

Such pretty roosters! I love your rooster print.

Unknown said...

All of your roosters are wonderful, and I love that hen centerpiece. Your home looks so cozy and beautiful.
Karen

Barb said...

Hi Sandy, such lovely displays and the roosters are wonderful. They are so colorful and fun.

Thank you for joining and for sharing with us. Have a fun time today.

Hugs, Barb ♥

Vicci @theplaidbasket said...

Good morning Sandy! You've got some great roosters....I would like to see a close up of the little guy under the cloche...I am pretty sure he's my favorite although your Christmas pictures looks pretty nice, too.

Becca said...

Love the chili bowls!

Love Of Quilts said...

Nice collection. Trish

shannon i olson said...

Love your picture and the center piece as for the wire cloche....want one!!!

Kathy said...

What a nice variety of roosters and hens you have in your kitchen and dining room. It was fun to be here for a visit for this year's Rooster Party.

bj said...

Cute cute roosters...such a fun party.

Theresa said...

Love your collection of roosters and colorful beauties! Enjoy your evening!

Kim B said...

You have a great collection. My favorite is the one over the doorway but your dogs pictures keep catching my yes. They are so cute!!!
Please come by and visit me, I am a new blogger and participating in the rooster party.
Smiles,
Kim
http://agypsyangel.blogspot.com

Melissa Miller said...

Sandy you have some beautiful roosters! Your home is lovely.

Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh what a great collection of roosters!!

Happy day!

Nancy

Char said...

Sandy, I am loving your rooster love. I also have a rooster on my pot rack and until now the poor little fellow was forgotten....maybe next year I will make him the star of the blog. Your collection is beautiful and I so enjoyed it all, Char

Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

Great collection! Thanks for sharing!

Donna

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Nice collection of roosters! I like the little hen centerpiece too!

Katherine

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Hello Sandy,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed all your roosters. Loved the one on the pot rack with the grape vines. Great look! Your wire cloche displaying your rooster is nice too! Thanks for sharing and have a great week!

Sarah said...

I'm late arriving. I've been away from my computer so am just now getting around to visitng the rooster party posts. Nice collection. Thanks for sharing!

The Charm of Home said...

Love your roosters! I think I just bought the chili bowls this weekend. The party really inspired me to add some roos to my collection. Thanks for stopping by.
Sherry

JKW said...

I love your roosters and your stories. The Chili roosters are my favorite, just and Chili Man Chili is too. Blessings, Janet