Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Full Of Ideals

Are you a fan of southern style and decorating?
If you are, this is the book for you!
My gift from Hubby last weekend! Of course I
went through the whole book the first day, started
picking out my favorite ideals, and have started the
book again!
A little peak at some of the ideals.
The book has been broken down into seasons and has
wonderful suggestions and hints on how to
achieve each look.
Sorry for the bad photography!
Don't you love the pumpkins going up that beautiful
staircase?
Makes you want to decorate for fall. This room makes you want to sit and put your feet up.
Look at all the pattern and color!
A wonderful southern garden.
Ready to eat? I am!!!!
I could live here!
Another good read and some great ideals!
White spray paint!
Thanks for visiting.
Bye For Now,

5 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh, they really are great pictues and gorgeous eye candy. Wow, I need to read both of them. Hugs, Marty

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I have Paula's book too and need to look at it some more.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks like they both have some good ideas. Hard to believe it is almost time to decorate for Fall again. :(
Seems like I just put all that away.

xinex said...

I would enjoy looking through that book from cover to cover!..Christine

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Paula's book is a fun read - lots of gorgeous photos. I really like Sandra Lee's Semi Homemade magazine. I usually try to buy it. It's a good mix of easy recipes and she always has some nice seasonal decorating ideas too.

Manuela