Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Simple Table For Three

Thanks to Susan at
for hosting today's event.
It's been awhile since I participated in
Tablescape Thursday, but I thought I would
put one together very quickly, and add a few
of my rooster!!
So as I said I threw this together and it is very
simple.
A night view.
These were thrift store finds. Daytime photo. Evening photo. A simple table for three!
Thanks for stopping, see you tomorrow at
Barbs.
Bye For Now,

17 comments:

nannykim said...

Love your roosters! Is that a candle or a lamp with that rooster?

Glenda/MidSouth said...

A very pretty table setting - You did a great job.
Hope it is a little cooler in your part of the country. I have stayed in the the a/c all day.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Such a cozy setting. Love the roosters.

Allie and Pattie said...

Sandy, I came to thank you for the visit and sweet comments, but what a lovely table! I just love the dishes and your night shots are so pretty. Off to browse!
xoxo Pattie

Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

What a pretty table!

Donna

Slice of Pie said...

Very pretty ... thanks for sharing. I always love those evening photos.

Marlis said...

ooh love your red rooster. all the roosters. It;s quite charming.

Entertaining Women said...

You can throw a table together at my house anytime. Great tablescape. Thank you for sharing your design. Cherry Kay

The Charm of Home said...

I like your roosters. I think the dishes you found at the thrift store are good buys. They look like Blue Ridge pottery. They may not be that old, but they look like it. Very nice.
Sherry

Rachel said...

Great ambiance with the candles! I love the cozy comfort your tablescape exudes!
Thanks for sharing!
Rachel

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Simple is gorgeous and I love your different lighting photos!!!

Debbie said...

My favorite part is the wire rooster and the way it looks against the plaid. It's says "country" but not "yee haw!" country.

Very homey and cozy!

Anonymous said...

Great thrifty finds. My rooster post is made up of thrifted items.
Nice seeing settings in daylight and candle light views.

Marigene said...

Isn't it amazing what one can find at the thrift stores...beautiful table.

Barbara said...

Love that rooster! He looks great with the dinnerware you paired with him.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a cute table you've set -- love all your roos! Thanks for your sweet sweet visit. Would love to have you come dine at my table...anytime!

Unknown said...

What a pretty table. I love it. Isn't amazing how candlight can turn the most simple into special?