Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

You Said Zebra

Welcome to another Tablescape Thursday hosted by
Susan at Between Naps On The Porch. Be sure to
stop by and visit with Susan and all the other
Tablescapers for great inspiration.
My title said it all. That's the response I get every time
I tell anyone about this table setting. This is just a fun
table setting so enjoy.
No candles this week, just the same two vintage lamps
I have used before with the same shades, only difference
is the fur around the little shades. I have also added
a larger lamp found at Family Dollar Store with the
Zebra pattern. I used grass on the table for the
centerpiece. A closer look at the Zebra lamp.
The place settings are a mixture of black and white.
I added a little silver just for interest, plain white napkins
with zebra napkin rings. Dollar store silverware with
black handles.
A black coffee server for after dinner coffee.
I used a black dinner plate for my charger, white
ironstone for my plates, black bread plates and white
salad bowls.
Well I hope you have enjoyed your visit and its OK if
you said Zebra!!!! Please feel free to leave a comment
or suggestion. I love hearing from everyone. See you
Monday for the conclusion of A Black and White Redo.
Have a great and safe weekend.
Post a Comment