Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

You Said Zebra

Welcome to another Tablescape Thursday hosted by
Susan at Between Naps On The Porch. Be sure to
stop by and visit with Susan and all the other
Tablescapers for great inspiration.
My title said it all. That's the response I get every time
I tell anyone about this table setting. This is just a fun
table setting so enjoy.
No candles this week, just the same two vintage lamps
I have used before with the same shades, only difference
is the fur around the little shades. I have also added
a larger lamp found at Family Dollar Store with the
Zebra pattern. I used grass on the table for the
centerpiece. A closer look at the Zebra lamp.
The place settings are a mixture of black and white.
I added a little silver just for interest, plain white napkins
with zebra napkin rings. Dollar store silverware with
black handles.
A black coffee server for after dinner coffee.
I used a black dinner plate for my charger, white
ironstone for my plates, black bread plates and white
salad bowls.
Well I hope you have enjoyed your visit and its OK if
you said Zebra!!!! Please feel free to leave a comment
or suggestion. I love hearing from everyone. See you
Monday for the conclusion of A Black and White Redo.
Have a great and safe weekend.

20 comments:

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Exotic and fabulous!

Christi

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

This is so fantastic. I did a leopard tablescape once for my son when he was so into that...he would enjoy your tablescape....great job! Happy TT!

Joyce said...

What a fun TS. Glad I peaked and thanks for sharing.
Joyce

Sarah said...

Love black and white be it checks, polka-dots, or stripes. Great tablescape!

Kammy said...

Love it ! I have zebra plates and haven't yet done a setting....great ideas !
Kammy

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just love this table...a real walk on the wild side...great job...May you have a great day...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

susan said...

Very cute--All it's missing is a few wild animals :)

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Sandy! What a GREAT tablescape today!! LOVE IT! ~tina

Tricia said...

Very cool table Sandy- I love the lamps and your 'wild' touches. Great job.

The Tablescaper said...

What fun!!! Love those lamps and your imagination.
- The Tablescaper

LillyB said...

Very chic!!! Too cute!!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love your "zebra" look! And with the lights low it's so romantic. I love your black and white look, as it is so elegant. Almost like a black-tie event. All so pretty on your table!
Brenda

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a "wild" table! I really thought this was fun.

Eileen said...

Very exotic and unique! You always have such great ideas!
All the best,
Eileen

Sharlotte said...

I love this table. The lamps are a great addition ~ very exotic yet cozy!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Great TT, very unique!

Katherine

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

What a fun tablescape!! Your lamps add the perfect lighting touch. Black and white is one of my favorite color combos.

bj said...

This is such a fun table. Love it all.

Bill said...

Hi Sandy,
Your zebra theme is great fun! Black and white is always such a sophisticated combination, and your photographs really show it off to perfection!

Its So Very Cheri said...

how fun. Thanks for sharing.
Come for a visit.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri