Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Back To School Tablescape

Well it's that time of the week again,
every ones favorite time, Tablescape
Thursday. Be sure to stop by Susan's
to visit all the talented participants
in this weeks event.
It's that time of the year again at my
house, time for school to start.
My daughter will be a Junior this
year and I can see now it's going to be a very busy year.
She has joined the Cross Country Team and
is the Team Captain. So I decided this weeks
Tablescape would represent some of the sports
that the kids look forward to participating in.
So here we go!
As you will see the school colors are silver and black, so
we are off to a good start. You can always work with
silver and black.
Our center piece this evening will be sports equipment.
Here we have a basketball and baseball.
We have a football jersey, and the important things
pencil and paper. Looks like we might have a pretty
in that silver gift box.
A small bat for the little guys.
Oh look, some yearbooks, bet there is some good stuff
in those!!
Is there a cheerleader in the group?
Golf anyone?
OK now for our place settings. I used black place mats
with black and white stripped napkins, silver chargers,
the black plates you will recognize as well as the black
flatware. We have the standby tea glasses and a
smaller glass to represent football. Each salad plate
represents a different sport and the place cards are
coasters made to look like basketballs that I found
several months ago. You never know when you
can use something for a tablescape.
We have soccer.
Golf
And of course basketball.
A final look at the table at dusk.
I hope you enjoyed your visit today and will come
come back soon.
I will see everyone Monday at Susan's and I hope
Tuesday for Let There Be White, Tablescape Thursday,
then again on Friday for the Rooster Party.
I better get to work now, I'm already tired.
Everyone have a blessed and safe weekend.

14 comments:

Bill said...

Hi Sandy,
What a clever, colorful table! Great sports theme, and you carried it out so very well!
Congratulations! Nicely done. ;)

Bill

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Now that is just so clever and so cute. I would never have thought of all of that. I remember all those days of rushing from one ball game to the next and loving all of it. Some of the best days of my life. Enjoy, they disappear all to soon. I really love your imagination and the table, just amazing. Hugs, Marty

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Cute sports themed tablescape -- bet the kids loved this one!

Maryrose said...

Hi Sandy,
Darling table. I am a sports fan too. My kids played sports for years.... I recognize a few of those. Very clever, I enjoyed it :)
Maryrose

Its So Very Cheri said...

What a cute table.
I wanted to thank you for coming by my blog and invite you to come back. I hope you will become a follower and subscribe and I will do the same.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

jninecostumes said...

You are clever! Where did you get the sports plates?

Sarah said...

Clever theme for a table. Thanks for sharing.
It was a real treat to visit today.

Happy Tablescape Thursday and hope to see you at my place to toast Susan on her anniversary.

http://hyacinthforthesoul.blogspot.com/

susan said...

What a fun table with great school colors! Hope your daughter has a wonderful year--loved all your details!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

You and I share the same "theme" this week! This is really fun!!

Debbie Pearson said...

very cute back to school theme.

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Great idea for a 'scape! Those dishes are wonderful for it with the sports themes!

DD

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Girl what a fun table you did today...just love it...thanks for sharing...May you have a special weekend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is just the cutest! Great job!

Katherine

Sharlotte said...

How fun! I'm sure your family had a great time dining here! Enjoy your new year and good luck at the events!