Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Gold Rush

Thanks to Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for
hosting today's Tablescape Thursday. Be sure to
visit all the beautiful tablescapes.
Welcome to Gold Rush!!!
I used white table clothes with a gold runner going under the lace tablecloth, so you got just a hint of gold running under the chargers. Gold chargers were used, gold silver ware, salad plates as well as glasses. A mixture of gold and white candles. The centerpiece is a mixture of golds.
My color came these plates, I got them earlier this
spring at a garage sale. Service for eight
for $10.00.
The gold bowls are a gift from my DH parents, no
name on them.
The plates have a gold ring on the outside, doesn't
show well.
These little gold cups were bought about ten years ago
at a moving sale.
Antique salt dish I bought in Charleston several years
ago and the salt spoons are ivory, given to me by a dear
friend.
The plate rack is dressed for the occasion. The little
cup you see sitting on the plate rack is from Germany
I have three of them. I found them years ago at a
thrift store.
A night view of the table.
Thanks for visiting, hope you enjoyed yourself and
will visit again soon. Please don't forget to visit all
the other beautiful Tablscapes at Susan's.

12 comments:

ellen b said...

Hello Sandy! What a fun theme for TT. I love all the gold! Love the salt dishes!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! What a lovely table! The gold is so stunning!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sandy, the table is so pretty. I love all the pretty gold pieces and the china is just stunning. So pretty. The centerpiece and the candles look stunning in the candlelight. So beautifully done. Hugs, Marty

Donna said...

Very pretty table. Especially the candlelight shots.

D

susan said...

I love the gold theme! Your table shows up so beautiful by candlight! Your glasses are beautiful!

Unknown said...

I just love the glow of candle light. Your table is so pretty. Good job!

~Liz

Deanna said...

Like this kind of gold rush!
You've done a nice job and I'm so glad to have visited your site and see your table.
Summer blessings,
d

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

What a lovely table. I love the gold and the candlelight!!!

So pretty!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love the texture of that beaded gold plate! Very pretty against the other elegant floral dishes. Love the look in the candlelight too!
Brenda

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Very pretty. Gold is so elegant!

Christi

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Love your Gold Rush theme! It is all gorgeous, every little detail!

Katherine

Sharlotte said...

This is beautiful. I love the gold ~ very regal. Your dishes are so pretty and the stemware is divine. Gorgeous setting!