Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Conclusion Of A Black and White Redo

Thanks to both our host, Rhoda at
Southern Hospitality and Susan at
Between Naps On The Porch for
hosting thses two events. Be sure to
visit each of these sites for some
wonderful inspiration
This was kind of a thrifty find, it was a TJ Max find
for $3.00. I couldn't resist using it today. To say that this is the conclusion of this room, is not really a true statement. No room in my house is ever finished. But I have just come to a brain roadblock. Bet that's a new one to most of you! Nothing I am doing at this time is satisfying me. So be advised you will see this space again. Remember this piece of upholstery material from last week? Well this was what it was used on. I had this antique sofa in my bedroom for a while and got tired of it being there and tired of the pattern. I did this about four years ago. The after, until I get tired of this. It's a zoo around here if it's not Zebra in the dining room its a bear on the sofa (I promise this is not real). Do you see that sofa arm in the picture? Your right I'm still try to get the other sofa moved upstairs, I bet that's the reason I have a Brian block!!! Tomorrow is suppose to be the day. This was a very thrifty find, FREE..... My Mother gave this to me several months ago and said see what you can do with this. Well a little left over paint later and....... See her under the coffee table? I think she might need a BIG ( S) in the middle. Maybe my Brain block is leaving! The coffee table was a thrift store find for $2.00. I painted it black before my little blog. So this is the conclusion of my Black and White Redo for now. I won't be satisfied until I get that Cozy Feeling when I walk into the room, and it's not there yet. Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment or suggestion and I will see everyone Thursday at Susan's for Tablescape Thursday.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I know that brain block feeling well! My living room gives it to me all the time. I know how I want it to "feel", just not how to get it there. You are doing a great job in there! I love it.

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

It's a never ending state of mind...this decorating thing...looks you're getting there to me....great look!

Unknown said...

I so dread getting blocked like that. When I push it, I always regret it. I have to wait for the *click* when the right solution comes along...no matter how long it takes! The sofa came out great!

Tina

Kammy said...

What a terrific new look, Sandy !
You are soooo crafty !
Kammy

Unknown said...

It looks BEAUTIFUL! Love that toile!

ThriftyAnnabella said...

very cute bear on the sofa

Bill said...

Beautiful job. Your room looks inviting and, yes, cozy to me ... but it's what you think ... feel ... that matters. Keep us posted!

Bill