Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Breakfast For One

It's time for part II of Let There Be White.
Be sure to visit Cuisine Kathleen and all
the other participants for some
beautiful tablescapes.
You won't be disappointed.
My contribution today is really short and sweet.
I did Breakfast For One in my white garden.
I started working on this little spot when we
bought the house four years ago.
Most of the plants were here I just kept dividing
and transplanting them for the effect I wanted.
You can feel the peacefulness when you walk into this little outside room. Just find yourself a place to sit so we can relax and start the day free of stress. Are you relaxed?
My centerpiece is a thrifty find for .50, I think it was
some awful gold color, nothing white paint didn't fix.
The little bird candle holder was a garage sale find
I purchased three of them for $1.00. My table wasn't
large enough for them all. I have a little creamer on
the table that also has grapes on it.
I used white fern under my plate for more texture.
I have used a few silver accent pieces on the table, the
napkin ring and if you notice the glass with the milk in
it has silver around the top, as well as the coffee cup.
I have a plain cotton napkin and my trusty Dollar Store
flatware with the white handles. I used a large iron stone
plate for my charger and a salad plate to hold the toast
and oatmeal.
Soon the day will have to start, the activities will
begin. So relish the quiet time.
Hear the birds?
Smell the roses and maybe a little mint.
Hear the water in the pond?
Well it's time to go, I do hope you enjoyed our quiet time
in my little white garden. Please come back and visit
soon. Everyone have a great week.

18 comments:

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Oh, this is so charming. I love how you've pulled it all together (and in your white garden, no less!) Very nice job.

Psst... We were thinking along the same lines ~ I decided upon white and silver, too! :)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

You have a lovely breakfast spot -- I would just want to linger there for hours. Your table is beautifully set.

susan said...

Sandy-This is beautiful and I love yor white flowers!!! You are right-there is nothing more elegant than white paired with silver.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What a pretty setting! I love your white garden and all the charming white 'finds' on your table.

Yes, I'm relaxed now ;)

~Susan

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

What a lovely breakfast for one! How nice that you treat yousrelf so well....we all should.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, the setting is simply stunning. Such a beautiful spot for the table and the tablesetting is wonderful. I just love it all. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty little table setting.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sandy...

Ohhh myyy goodness...what a lovely spot to start the day!!! My friend, this is such a blessing...I love it! Surrounded by that garden of white flowers...so sweet! Ohhh yes...I think I would really enjoy taking my breakfast here! So sweet of you to think of me...I love oatmeal and toast! hehe! Love the white and silver...it just brings such an elegance, don't you think? And I love that centerpiece...gorgeous!!! It's all soooo perfect!!! Thank you for sharing your little Secret Garden with us today!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Slice of Pie said...

This is a pretty table in a beautiful setting. It is so relaxing!

The Tablescaper said...

It truly is peaceful. Just lovely and the garden to match!
- The Tablescaper

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just beautiful Sandy...what a great spot you have made for your self...Thanks for sharing this...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Lovely little spot for your white setting. So calm and peaceful looking!

DD

Carol said...

Beautiful spot, and a gorgeous table! Love your post! definitely relaxing!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Very relaxing garden! Great setting for breakfast. We dined under the pines. I hope you'll come by for a visit :-)

ellen b said...

Oh what a glorious setting for breakfast for one. Love the white bushes and the setting is beautiful! Well done!

bj said...

What an absolutely beautiful, beautiful setting..white flowers and the white table ....perfect.
Of course, NOW I want a white garden!! Oh, dear..it's so hot outside and planting a new garden is not the thing to do right now...but...maybe for next year!!
I love your pretty breakfast spot..just so pretty.

Kathleen said...

That is just beautiful, Sandy! It looks wonderful set in the garden, too..
I think I would be there till lunch..wouldn't want to leave!
See you at the Rooster Party..I don't collect them so I am really "winging" this one!
Thanks for taking part in the White party! Your setting is just lovely!

Sandi (Meme) said...

I DID hear the birds! Love those morning singers! I love the idea of breakfast in the garden. I hope you have a great week!