Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Jewelry

Today, I am joining Susan
at Between Naps On The Porch, for Metamorphosis
Monday, Cheri at, It's So Very Cheri for The Knock
Off Knock Out Party. Please make a stop at both of
these events to see all the great ideals that are
sure to be waiting on you. Bet you were wondering about my title!
My thoughts are, that when we accessorize our home it's
comparable to the jewelry and accessories wear with
our clothing. Or at least that's the story I give DH, when
he gets his, Honey To Do List.
Here is a picture, although not a good one of my
kitchen chandelier hanging. Plain ceiling,
nothing special.
This is where the matching light goes, but DH was taking
things apart and down so fast I didn't get a picture.
The fish were waiting!!!!!
Stay with me, this is were the Knock Off comes in.
Have you saw the medallions at Lowe's?
The one similar to this was $27.99 and was plastic.
This one came from Hobby Lobby, is metal and was
priced at $19.99, but was 50% off.
So since I have two ceiling fixtures in my kitchen, I
bought two of the medallions for less than one at Lowe's.
All DH did was remove the plastic white thing in the
middle, it was in place with a little silicone, then drilled
holes in the middle for the wires to go through.
Final result!!!
If you have seen any of my earlier post, you saw I put
a large one over my dinning room table. It was a
garage sale find for $3.00.
This was the little chandelier that hung in my daughters
bathroom. Like I said the fish were waiting on DH, and
he was moving.
Now if we were having a Today's Thrifty Treasure,
these next track lights would be thrifty for sure....
FREE!!!!!! A friend of mine had them, changed her mind about
putting them up, now Queen Bee has better lighting
in her bath room.
As you can see she has the jungle thing going on..
Hope you enjoyed your visit.
Please don't forget to leave a comment, suggestion or
question. Bye for now,
Sandy

13 comments:

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

BEAutiful!!!! Seriously!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a fabulous idea. I love the medallions. They give such wonderful character to the fixtures. You found a great deal and I'm sure they look much better than the plastic ones at Lowe's. I also really like the track lights. I think they can really do the job. Hugs, Marty

Kammy said...

SUper new look Sandy !
Kammy

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Good job thinking outside the box. The medallion looks wonderful!!

Connie said...

I love the medallions. They add so much to the fixtures. Hmmm, I think I need to start looking for some for my house.
Thanks for sharing the info.

Anonymous said...

Looks great. Love the medallions.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

I am inspired to do something more interesting with the light fixtures in my house now!

Its So Very Cheri said...

That is so pretty. It's amazing how something so little can change something so much. Thanks for posting to the party and being an inspiration.

Cheri

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE the medallion... those make such a lovely statement!

Julie said...

Hi Sandy,I love the medallions...It looks great..Y'all did a wonderful job...
xoxo
Julie

Connie said...

Sandy,
Thanks you so much for visiting my blog.
To answer your question about the tray, no I didn't use primer first. I just sprayed several coats of the beige on the tray and let it dry overnight. I then applied the gel stain (Minwax, walnut 606) liberally over the tray then wiped it off until I got the right look I was after.

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Sandy...you are one smart cookie! Love the way the medallion looks...truly beautiful!
Susan

cinnibonbon said...

Big difference--you did a great job!