Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Little Metamorphosis Here and There

It's Monday and we all know what that means!!!
Thanks Susan for hosting this event.
As you can see from my title we are on the move today.
This cabinet was built by DH when we remodeled this
room. It has set without doors now for two years, DH
wanted glass in them!!!! TWO YEARS.
A change of plans!!!!!!
TWO YEARS!!!
How much patience can I have?????
My solution.
Less than an hour!!!
And a bonus, DISH STORAGE!!!
After all I will need it, since I moved the table
from the kitchen to downstairs.
A man just never knows what he will come home from
work and find, at least if I can take it apart.
Had to throw in a little mantlescaping.
A new word!!! An antique sleigh and my antique folding fire screen/ card table.
Moving right along, my house in the spring.
See the upstairs windows?
My house in the Fall.
See the upstairs windows?
DH put these up for me about a month ago.
I just had large ferns in them until last Friday.
A closer look.
Moving along now.
Lets go back inside to my Granddaughter's bedroom.
This was a Summer picture.
Now it's time for a change.
This canopy used to hang in my youngest daughters
room. We have changed it so many times and had such
fun with it, I couldn't get rid of it when she didn't want it
anymore.
DH and I made it for her years ago out of one of those
round table tops from Lowe's or Home Depot, can't
remember which one.
So this time around I used a pair of dark blue curtains
from the thrift store with a white sheet behind. The
curtains already had the valance attached, so all I
had to do was staple away.
So guess what???
Now I'm in the mood to change this room up a little.
So come back next week and I'll show you the rest of my
changes.
Thanks for visiting and I hope you come back soon.
There's allot of Metamorphosis going on at
Copper~n~Things.
Please don't forget to leave a comment, suggestion
or question, I read and enjoy each and every one of
them.
Bye for now!!!
Sandy

15 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Gorgeous! Those window boxes really add something special to the front of your house. Nice way to welcome the Autumn.

Caro said...

I just LOVE the screen on that cabinet! WHat a great idea! I've got a little cabinet that I think this idea would look good on! THanks for the inspiration!
I love the window on your mantle!

arkie said...

Your window boxes are very pretty! Love the card table fireplace screen!

Julie said...

Love it all...
xoxo
Julie

Roeshel said...

Love the screen doors and your mantel looks great! Those window boxes are gorgeous! I just added some this summer too and can't wait to decorate them for fall (especially after seeing yours) but still waiting on the pansies/petunias to say good-bye. I don't have the heart to tear out their happy blooms.

:)
Roeshel

MissyM said...

Very nice. I like all your fall decorations on your sidebar.

Brittany said...

great ideas!!
i host a Goodwill party every Wednesday. stop by and join in!!

Kathleen said...

I love it..The cabinet is great..wonderful solution!
And what little girl wouldn't love that canopy!
Happy MM!

Fifi Flowers said...

Great idea on the cabinet!
Love the window boxes too!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Thanks for your sweet comments about my pumpkins and I have to say I LOVE your stone fireplace.
Cheri

susan said...

I like the scree even better than glass! I love your window boxes--something about them just makes a house seem so "homey". Great job!

Kelee said...

Hi Sandy!

Love your boxes and screen!!

Stop by....

love, kelee

Tootsie said...

you have been busy!!! and very successful! welcome to my blog list...I have very much enjoyed my visit and want to come again and again!

nannykim at spindle cottage said...

Great idea on the cabinet--looks nice. And I especially love the window boxes they really make the home look more homey!

Decor To Adore said...

Your window boxes are just beautiful. I love what you did with your mantle.