Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Celebrating Sunflowers

It's Thursday and Tablescape time.
Be sure to stop by Between Naps On The Porch
and visit Susan and all the other participants
in today's event.
Today we are eating downstairs and will be enjoying
lots of sunflowers.
Just a little peak at the table with the center piece.
I used a wicker basket then added pine cones to the
bottom to show through the flowers just to add a
little more fall color and texture.
A view of the table in candle light. I used gold candles in hurricane shades and some little clear glass candle holders. I used extra bread plates to set the candle and globe on to allow the tablescape to blend better.
Not a good picture, the lighting today would not
cooperate at all., no matter what I did.
I used gold place mats and gold flatware.
The bread plate and the cup are old diner dishware.
I'm using the cup for soup tonight.
This little gold bowl for salad.
I have had these plates for a long time, I think they may
have come from an estate sale
The napkin is just a gold and white dish towel.
These little glasses were also a estate sale find, I have
six. I paid like .50 each.
I have used two glasses today, this one also has a brown
tint, with wheat on the sides.
The mantle also got a little gold and sunflower action.
Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed your stay.
Visit again soon and leave a comment, suggestion
or question. I love hearing from you.
Bye for now,
Sandy

13 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh it is so pretty. I love the gorgeous glow of the candles, your glasses just sparkle. Beautiful dishes, I really love the pattern. Your room is so pretty also. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! Oh, what a beautiful fall table you've set! Like Marty, I love the candle glow - so pretty!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Julie said...

Hi Sandy, Love the pretty fall table , I also love the glow of the candles...
xoxo
Julie

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Wonderful! And it all looks so pretty by candle glow --- I love candle glow!

Deanna said...

Dear Sandy,
You have set a really inviting table with these cheery colors and candles.
Glad to be able to drop in and see your Tablescape Thursday.
Autumn Blessings to you,
d from homehaven

Joyce said...

So pretty for Autumn. I like the idea of using the dish towels for the napkins.
Joyce

Sarah said...

Beautiful glow of autumn. Very pretty! ~ Sarah

Mary Bergfeld said...

Sandy, you've created a warm and welcoming table that would please any guest to your home. I love how you've taken found objects and made a statement with them at very little cost. I really enjoyed your creation. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Love the little glasses and cozy ambiance!
Brenda

Ms. Bake-it said...

Hello Sandy,

I love sunflowers! Your setting is very warm and inviting.

Thank you for sharing.

~ Tracy

Fifi Flowers said...

VERY pretty... such a lovely glow to the room!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is lovely - all aglow!

Katherine

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Hi Sandy~ ~Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments. Beautiful table, Candlelight makes Magic, doesn't it?
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~