Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

"Martha I'm Not"

Does anyone have one of those rooms in their house?
You know the ones, when company come you run and
close the door as fast as possible!
Well when you live in a 70's tri level, you know you have
to have at least one!
So come with me while I join everyone at
for Metamorphosis Monday.
Now I have this laundry room, in the basement, just
kind of one of those rooms that appears to have been
forgotten when the house was built, and one day the
light bulb came on and they said, "Oh No Where Will
We Do The Laundry". Well its seems after they
remembered they might need this room, it kind of got
what ever was left or maybe what ever was on special at
the hardware store!
Now here are the cabinets that are in the room.
Not bad, but a little drab, there are six in this room,
and this is a space I have wanted to give a face lift
since we moved in!
Soooo, I have a little black stain left over from my
kitchen island makeover...
What can it hurt?

 Now what could I do with all those cabinets?
 Well everyone can use some extra dish space!
And then of course if you have pets you always need
space for their things, blankets and all the little goodies.

Now these are the beautiful walls in this room,
gotta love that blue and mauve fake ceramic tile.
Bet some of you remember that! We will be changing
this to some other material believe me!


But for now, I'll hide it!!!!
As much as possible!!!
Now I have always wanted a little craft space.
So just maybe I might be able to use this little side of the
room, instead of the whole house for my crafting!!!
Lets see.....
Might work, I can use one of the hanging drying racks
for ribbon, maybe a little light, sewing machine will
fit. Now there's a little room left for some of my crafting
books.... The wheels are starting to turn!

Want to see what my lamp shade looked like before
she got her new dress? Yes, I said dress! I found
this old dress at the thrift store black and white polka
dots, the dress had a very full skirt, so that meant lots
of material. then while at Hobby Lobby one day, I
found the little fringe things. Works for me!!! I stashed
my glue sticks in a few old blue canning jars, and a
basket for extra sewing supplies.
Now the wheels are still turning, and I have much more
to do, where to store my craft paper, wrapping paper,
and the list goes on and on. So stay tuned!!
And just wait to you see the floor tile, can we say
"Disco Baby"
I have already started to take it up...
I think stained concrete will be the way to go.


Well thanks for visiting. So what do you think?
As I said "Martha I'm Not", she would have had
this room picture perfect a long time ago, so for now
I will have my Sandy space!
Bye For Now,

11 comments:

Beth said...

Ha! i had that blue and mauve fake tile in my bathroom years ago and I purposely put it there!!!! ugh!!! :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love it. I would love to have all of those cabinets and then some counter space too. Wonderful. Staining the cabinets looks wonderful. Did you know you can paint the tile and it looks fabulous. What a great room you are creating. Can't wait to see more. Enjoy. Hugs, Marty

Laura said...

You don't need to be Martha!
You did great!
Everything looks wonderful-

Laura
White Spray Paint

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks like you are doing just fine to me. I remember the country blue and mauve very well!! :-D

xinex said...

You did a grea job on the lampshade! The cabinets came in really handy for the dishes, huh! I need more cabinets for my dishes too!..Christine

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You have really improved your laundry area. Nice lampshade and you will probably love the stained concrete floors. My son did that in his basement and they turned out great.

Susan said...

Hi Sandy...Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! It was great to have you stop by. Very nice post! Susan

A Hint of Home said...

How great to have all that extra storage. That room will surely come in handy.
Happy Fall!

Becca Bertotti said...

I love your lamp's new dress ... so creative! Your cabs look wonderful, too with their new stain. Thanks for sharing!!! (And, thanks for your sweet note about my sitting room)! Take care, *Becca*

Diann said...

Well I love it! I think you have taken a not so desirable spot in your home and are recreating it into a wonderful spot!

Atticmag said...

Very dramatic change! Wow did you go girl. Great to see you at AM and so happy to stop by and see your redo. Jane F.