Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Reveal



A little reveal of my faux fireplace mantel, dressed for fall!
Come join me for Metamorphosis Monday at
"Between Naps On The Porch".
Of course the mirror and lamps stayed.


If you remember I had copper on each side of the mirror.
I added the cream ware plates, since I am trying to use
more neutral color and natural material for my fall decorating.
So I'll stop talking now and just let you see the changes
for yourself. I'm not completely happy with the space, and
there will be many more changes to come, I'm sure!




Thanks for visiting.
Have any, comments or suggestions?
I would love to hear them!
Bye For Now,
 

8 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I think it looks lovely. I really like the plates on the side of the mirror, and your overall vignette is stunning. The mirror and lamps are fabulous, what a great base to work from. Love it. Hugs, Marty

Debbiedoos said...

My comment is simple such a welcoming room and you have created such a warm ambiance....I just want to come over...that is my suggestion:)

Signing Out said...

Your mantel looks gorgeous for fall! It's so warm and inviting. I love the lamps, too.

Jane

Glenda/MidSouth said...

So Pretty! You did a great job decorating around the fireplace - faux or real, it looks great.
Have a great week.

Sharlotte said...

Your "mantel" looks so warm and inviting! Great job! Thanks for sharing!
Sharlotte

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

I would love to have a faux fireplace in every room! You have made such a warm and welcoming setting there! Linda

Gillian Layne said...

So cozy and pretty to look at! thanks for sharing your lovely space with us. :)

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

So warm and welcoming and gorgeous. Makes me wish I had a faux mantel,perhaps I need one if it could look as good as yours.