Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Ghostly Time For The Kiddies

Please join me for a ghostly time at
for Tablescape Thursday.
Now lets go see the ghostly table for the kiddies.
Things need to be simple for the little ones, sooo
simple place setting and a simple centerpiece.
The center piece is just simple cheese cloth, wrapped
around the candelabra, a ghost made of the cheese
cloth and a few sticks from the yard.
And of course a wrinkled table cloth!
Now would a haunted dining room have a freshly
starched and ironed table cloth?




Now everything on this table you have saw many times.
The black dishes, gold chargers (my stand by), everyday
tea glasses, dipped in sugar.
The napkins I used last year as well as the ghost napkin
rings.







I hope you enjoyed my simple and fun kiddie table.
 Thanks for visiting.
Bye For Now,


15 comments:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Oooo I adore Halloween! The rimmed glasses are my fav. :)

Shirley said...

Oh, How fun. Love the little ghosts done with the white cheesecloth.

Lynn said...

Really cute, I'm sure everyone had a great time!

Debbie said...

The tablecloth choice just *made* this table. It looks perfectly spooky with all the white and gauzey stuff. I also loved the way you did the rims on the glasses.

Fun!

Marlis said...

Sandy I love all the cheesecloth. I have to remember to wrap it around things. I love the ghosts and the dishes and it's all just very much fun.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sandy, you just pulled out the stops! I know the kids must have had a lot of fun!

Happy Tablescape Thursday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Kathy said...

Love the fun table! The dishes are wonderful and the decorations well done! Looks like lots of fun!
Kathy

Karie said...

Thanks for sharing adorable Halloween table setting. Love it.

A Perfect Setting said...

How creative! The "ghostly" setting is just adorable! By the way, I love your playlist, makes me want to get up and dance!

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

That ghost makes the perfect centerpiece! The napkins are wonderfully themed and go great with your black dishes..

DD

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Sandy! What great ides! I love the idea of adding cheesecloth...so ghostly! The napkin rings are cute! Hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

Unknown said...

love the white sugar on the glasses and the ghost white theme.. I have never done this and I have a great black and white pumpkin idea.. for you.. eatmywords40@yahoo.com
nice work

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Adorable ghosts...white goes perfect with the black plates. Fun......

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

How cute this is. Love all of the little ghosts and the big one too! The candlelight adds a spooky atmosphere to the table. Good job! laurie

Entertaining Women said...

I love that you chose to create a child appropriate Halloween table. Everything is darling. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay