Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Feathered Friends

A big Thank You to Gina at The Shabby Chic Cottage
for hosting this event. Be sure to visit Gina's to to all the
Feathered Friends.
Here you can see one of my little feathered friends
outside in his cage enjoying the summer
weather. I just got this little bird cage while on
vacation at a yard sale for $10.00. I just liked the
unusual shape of it. My husband says I never go
anywhere without dragging something home. You know what? He's right, just this once.

Oh look, he has a friend!!!

Now we can move into the house and see what we can
find. Lets start in my Grandsons room. Looks like a few little friends are on the shutters.
They even have a little nest.
I see a nest in the tree.
A birdhouse quilt hanging on the wall.
A quilt my Mother -In- Law made for my daughter.
Now lets move to the dining room.
We have several goodies here, lets see......
Look who's hiding in the grass.
I have six of these luncheon plates with three different
designs .
Another nest.
It's raining so he decided to move indoors.
What could we use this tray for??
I know!!!
Perhaps a nice cup of hot coffee or tea.
I hope you enjoyed your little visit with my
feathered friends. I will see everyone Thursday
At Susan's for Tablescape Thursday. It's a jungle here!!!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cage is just wonderful!

Marie said...

Hello Sandy - you have such a beautiful birdie collection! I love your grandson's quilt! And that mural of the tree on the wall is so pretty! Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Jenny in Maine said...

Hi Sandy! I love the painted tree with the birdhouse added to it, and the quilt. Beautiful collection!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a great room for a little boy. I bet your Grandson feels special to have such a great room. Like your birdcage

Barbara Jean said...

Wonderful birds.

blessings and good luck.

barbara jean

Stacey said...

Hi Sandy. You have a beautiful collection of bird items. BUT that stunning hydrangea really caught my eye! I love them!

Dawn said...

Hi Sandy, enjoyed all your bird friends! That first cage you dragged home ~ if you get tired of it I'll gladly drag it out of there for you! It is a wonderful shape.
Dawn

Sue said...

What a cool birdcage you brought home from your trip. Did you paint the wall mural? It is so sweet.
You have a nice collection of bird things, Sandy.
:-) Sue

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy, you have such a wonderful collection! The picket fence with the birdhouses is so charming and I love the mural! The quilt is so precious!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful collection today!

Tina

Claudia said...

Hi Sandy - I love what you've done with your grandson's room! The shutters and the mural on the wall are just darling. Thanks so much for sharing all your bird treasures!

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

You have a lot of bird stuff too! Love the plates w/ the hummers on them...LOVE them!

Barb said...

Hi Sandy, I love all the wonderful variety and the first birdcage is awesome! Such lovely pictures!!

Barb :-)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Me again - Thanks for the info. about blogger.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful collection! Thanks for joining me today!

Brenda Pruitt said...

All such cute birdies! I love those plates. I've been looking for some that are bird-inspired.
Brenda

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sandy...

Ohhh yes...I just adore your newest little treasure find! Love that pretty cage...you're right...it has such a different and pretty shape to it! My friend, I just adore your grandson's room...it's so charming! And the picket/birdhouse shutters are just the cutest thing I've ever seen!!! They're adorable...I love, love, LOVE them!!! Did you make them? That entire room is so pretty...love that beautiful bird quilt too!!!

I really enjoyed seeing those beautiful bird luncheon plates...so pretty! I would love to have a set of them...gorgeous!!! I love dishes and I love birds...the best of both worlds! hehe!

Well my friend, thank you so much for sharing a few of your feathered friends with us today...I really enjoyed your post!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sandy...

I'm back...hehe! Just wanted to let you know that I was going down through some of your posts. You have a delightful blog, my dear! I'm adding you to my list of blogs to follow...and looking forward to your upcoming posts and getting to know you better! So very nice to meet you, my friend!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Bill said...

Hi Sandy,
You definitely have a theme going! And you've carried it out very, very nicely!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

You have lots of nice birdies! I enjoyed seeing all of them! The quilts are great!

Katherine