Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Feathered Friends

A big Thank You to Gina at The Shabby Chic Cottage
for hosting this event. Be sure to visit Gina's to to all the
Feathered Friends.
Here you can see one of my little feathered friends
outside in his cage enjoying the summer
weather. I just got this little bird cage while on
vacation at a yard sale for $10.00. I just liked the
unusual shape of it. My husband says I never go
anywhere without dragging something home. You know what? He's right, just this once.

Oh look, he has a friend!!!

Now we can move into the house and see what we can
find. Lets start in my Grandsons room. Looks like a few little friends are on the shutters.
They even have a little nest.
I see a nest in the tree.
A birdhouse quilt hanging on the wall.
A quilt my Mother -In- Law made for my daughter.
Now lets move to the dining room.
We have several goodies here, lets see......
Look who's hiding in the grass.
I have six of these luncheon plates with three different
designs .
Another nest.
It's raining so he decided to move indoors.
What could we use this tray for??
I know!!!
Perhaps a nice cup of hot coffee or tea.
I hope you enjoyed your little visit with my
feathered friends. I will see everyone Thursday
At Susan's for Tablescape Thursday. It's a jungle here!!!
Post a Comment