Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Fall Preview

Thanks to Susan at Between Naps On The Porch For
hosting this event. Please be sure to visit Susan and
all the other talented participants in this event.
You saw this same picture last week from my dining
room makeover.
This little settee gets moved around allot, as you will
see, probably because it's one of the lightest pieces
I own. It's been in my Granddaughter's bedroom, the
dining room, living room and in the foyer.
And now its back in the foyer for the fall and winter
season. This is a painting I have had for years. I really love the colors in it, but it is really hard to use unless you use it this time of the year. So it stays packed away nine months of the year. I guess that's not a bad thing, feels like you have new things when it comes out of storage. The two plates are a set of four that I have, once again I have had these for years, they came from JC Penny.
Mrs. Scarecrow
Mr. Scarecrow
A night view.
Now lets hop downstairs to the family room, hearth room
or whatever you would like to call it. A few decorations are starting to show up.
At dusk
I hope you enjoyed my preview of Fall. I am working on
both my mantels and on some outside decorating. Of
course the teenager says I can't put anything
outside until September. I'll give her that one.
Fells a whole lot like Fall here, suppose to be in the
40's at night here this week.
I hope you enjoyed your visit and will visit again
soon, because if you like holiday decorating, you
will love it here.
Bye for now.
Sandy

6 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sandy, that settee is stunning. I would use it in every room too. It really is gorgeous. I love all the fall decorations, so pretty. I wish we had a little of your cool temps. It was 111 here today. Yuk!!!!! Hugs, Marty

susan said...

I think it's great that you can change the area with the settee and the picture. It certainly would help keep me from getting tired of the way things are in my house! Very pretty!

Sherrie said...

The setee is such a treasure! I am so looking forward to fall and have like you been sneaking fall decorating into my rooms :0)

Sherrie

Its So Very Cheri said...

That seettee is absolutely gorgeous. I want it.
I hope you will come by for a visit.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very pretty! I have not decorated anything for Fall yet. I like Fall weather, but not what follows.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

This is just a lovely vignette, and the cute seasonal additions are so unexpected. I love it.